AOL flips us the bird!

Thread: AOL flips us the bird!

AOL flips us the bird!

AOL Time Warner Stricks a blow for Corporate greed!

Remember when they told us that the jobs, blue collar workers were loosing to computers and the internet, would be replaced by even better high tech jobs?

They were right! They only neglected to tell us they wouldn’t be for us.

In one brilliant move, aol time warner not only broadens its holding on a global level but also lessens its over head by placing itself in one of the lowest paying job markets in the world. There by telling the workers of the free world, the same people that made them what they are today, to **** off! AOL/TW truly don’t give a **** what happens in their puny lives, as long as there’s a dollar to be made.

If it helps to strengthen a repressive, expansionist government’s economy and weaken the free world still further …who cares! AOL still makes money!

Read Yahoo’s version here:

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/021025/44/343xj.html
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

If they didn't waste all that money on sending me about 100 AOL cds a week, even though I have got a cable modem they might be able to save some money. Seriously though, I wonder how much they spend a year on sending out those annoying cds, anyone like to hazard a guess??

Send those AOL CD's back!!!!!

CDs are relatively cheap to manufacture, and I read somewhere that it's been one of the most successful marketing strategies ever.

EDIT: To see AOL/TimeWarners holdings visit this
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

I've always disliked AOL/Time Warner, even when they were two seperate companies. I have always thought they were the real threat to innovation that everyone seems to think that MS is.

I have taken to nicknaming them the Borg because they assimilate everything. I even went so far as to cancel my Road Runner account because Time Warner was the local provider.

El Diablo

I'd have to agree with El Diablo, because they kind of remind me of Microsoft. In a sense, they really don't care what they do to who, just as long as their on top. Oh, and as for the CD marketing thing, When they send you the free cd's for 1000 free hours or whatever, they never tell you when those hours are up and sadly some people get stiffed with a bill when they find out their hours are up. However, and it's a good tactic, most people will have signed up before those hours are up.
    Space For Rent.. =]

In a way I'm glad AOL and M$ are so greedy.It takes away any chance of them ever merging.That would be a horrible thing.Could you imagine AOLsoft???Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    The most incomplete,unstable,insecure,expensive,software in the world.They would probably get their own branch of law enforcement,maybe their own country.They'd regulate all of the computer laws.They'd stop sending AOL CD's and start brainwashing our children at birth.The tithes at church would go directly to Bill Gates'.Currency would be replaced with free hours of AOL time.Whoa that's enough.I'm gonna have nightmares for the next year.
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    We at Everyones Internet cant stand AOL's crap. Just 4 years ago we had 500 customers, now we are the 4th largest ISP in America. If you havent heard of us, you will soon. And we dont even spam the world. We have an entirely INDEPENDANT network, aside from our upstream providers. We dont lease out peices of AOLs network like the other top ISP's.
    And 10 bucks a month, damn you cant beat that. No contract. Yeah its nice. Average hold time in the call center, 5 mins. And we hire all our techs ourselves, we dont contract it out.

Yeah I wish other companys could be as honest as mine. But you know what i really love about my company.... NON CORPORATE. We are privatly owned and operated out of Houston Texas.

maybe this post sounds like a advertisment, but i really enjoy the changes we are making in the ISP market. We are pushing the cost down and educating users of the foulness of AOL.

BTW did you know that in windows 9x AOL binds inself to the tcp/ip, dialup adapter, and the client, so no other conections are possible. Also 6.0 was almost impossible to uninstall. Those crafty coders....

www.ev1.net
    www.rackshack.net
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

...and nobodys concerned with all the tech jobs that we will loose because of this? Graphic artists, tech support, networking? i didn't realize our position was that strong!
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”