Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old article - dangerous hackers

Talking Old article - dangerous hackers

I just found this somewhere on the web, thought it was a little (ok, extremely) hilareous, and I tought I should bring it here.

So you see, there's really no wonder people "are afraid of" / "have twisted views" on hackers, and the term hacking.

The article - Scan

[EDIT] Ok, after reading trough that article again. I sit back with a weird feeling. Im actually shocked of the way this guy (Randy Jeffries) tell the world how evil and malicius hackers are. This actually wasn't as funny as I thought it was the first time. Maybe I should move it. [/EDIT]

that has too be one of the saddest things iv read.....excuse me, but how much acid do you have too take to start believing this is true?

people believe everything an expert tell them. Not my fault...

And I admit it, I sounded way too serious up there. It was all a big joke! didn't come out right though.

good thing weekly world news is just another fake tabliod set up at the check out counter, i don't know anyone he thinks its a ligimate paper and if you do well im sorry you are pathetic
    what is love but contempt for hate?

I didn't know that gold circuits and silicon semiconductors could react like gunpowder, but if an 'expert' says so, it must be true...

Actually, I did hear of a virus once that burned a hole in the monitor's class by focussing all the beams on a single point. Could be an urban myth, I don't know. But viruses are capable of a lot more than simply altering data, self-replication and email forwarding.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

Striek that has to be an urban legend!
    A computer cannot change the orientation of the beams in a monitor.
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]

here's the homepage of the weekly world news

http://www.weeklyworldnews.com/

cover story: "Reality is a lie, we really ARE living in the matrix"
    with a big picture of neo on the front.
    U suk at teh intuhnet1!!1!1one

Striek: Even if it could focus the beams correctly, it'd just burn out the phosphor coating, rather than the glass itself.

That is a very pathetic/funny article. Although it is true that researchers have managed to construct specially designed circuit boards which can function as microthrusters when small parts (think bubble-wrap) are ignoted. As for the nuclear launch code... hah. Even if they did have access to the code interface, it would be a stupid code setup that let you break digits individually. AFAIK the individual-digit-break (as seen in War Games) is largely an invention of hollywood.

Other articles:

Randy Jeffries, "Adam and Eve’s Skeletons Found." Weekly World News, 22 February 2000, pp.46-47.

Fluctuations in super-massive star Eta Carinae could lead to devastation on a global scale, Carl Smalder, described as a "noted astronomer" by reporter Randy Jeffries, warned News readers.

"Judging by the size of Eta Carinae and its distance from Earth, we can expect tidal waves on both the Pacific and Atlantic coasts of America," he said. "The waves could rise up to 300 feet tall ... continents will shift and kill millions more."
    Man Slides His Trombone & Kills
    Trumpeter in Front of Him!

By Randy Jeffries / Weekly World News
    (January 23, 1996)

BOCHOLT, GERMANY - A band musician died of a brain injury when the trombonist behind him jerked the slide of his trombone forward and struck the trumpeter in the back of the head. Police say the tragedy occurred as the Gratzfeld College Band was rehearsing the spirited American jazz classic, When The Saints Go Marching In.

According to other band members, trombonist Peter Niemeyer, 19, "got carried away" with the music. He started gyrating and thrashing around as he played.At one point, he jerked forward and the rounded metal slide on his instrument hit trumpet player Dolph Mohr, 20, dropping him instantly to the floor.
    "Are we on the eve of destruction?"

Randy Jeffries and Vincenzo Sardi, again of the Weekly World News, give us a delightful double page spread that summarizes their interviews with "five top experts" regarding the possibility of apocalypse in the year 2000. With the votes in and counted, the five believe apocalypse is certain. Revered Hershel Darminger, one of those interviewed, even went so far as to say that , "No minister I know honestly believes that Judgment Day won't arrive with the new millennium."
    Sometimes you just gotta wonder... wouldn't it be neat if I wasn't human and didn't get lumped in with some of these people?
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Aw, C'mon you guys, show a little respect for the tabloids; didn't you pay attention to MIB when Tommy Lee Jones was telling you where they get their daily hot news about aliens and stuff? Sheeeeshhhh!

Ahahahahha... I'd love to be paid to do that kind of stuff... Striking terror in the hearts of the young gullible Americans!! Er... Maybe not young, but ukee.