A little sumthin' 4 Haloween!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little sumthin' 4 Haloween!

Talking A little sumthin' from me!

[gloworange]Here is something from Me, to all of you for Halloween![/gloworange]

http://www.cutestuf.com/flash_1002/bluemoon.swf

[glowpurple]Tasha [/glowpurple]

Developer Extraordinar
    LMFOA! That is funny. I don't wanna give anything away bt, its good!
    Come to UnError.com

LOL its really funny

Kwiep
    * Kwiep cries....
    Why the fack don't we have Haloween in the Netherlands
    Double Dutch

Banned
    we DO have halloween here, neel... Halloween is originally a European thing (Halloween originally was a Celtic thing, 'invented' some 800 years BC)...
    And 'Halloween' comes from 'All Hallow's eve', which is English for 'Allerheiligen'... and Allerheiligen is when we honour our death family members... The difference is that American people celebrate it the night before November 1, and we 'celebrate' it on November 1. And to be honest, Americans really turned the meaning of Halloween upside down...

Kwiep
    * Kwiep shakes head ...
    We have Haloween ?!
    WHAh000000
    * Kwiep starts getting beer
    ow you btw... and those belgians beer caused we forgot about ... erm...
    * Kwiep tryes to fly like the vampire, falls on is head. Showes his but to all the people staring at the darn dutch weirdo, who thinks Haloween is an Amercan party

but seriously... I didn't knew that. Thanks Neg. I aslo have the idea allerheiligen is on a different date in belgium then in the Netherlands, because we celebrate it in october.. if we even celebrate it. Or in november... I don't know exactly, but not on november the 1st
    Double Dutch

Your right neg, 'All Hollow’s eve' is the night that we find new and better ways to bring shame to our ancestors.

A day that the dead can be among the living is common to many cultures (Ref: Fraser’s “Golden bough “). In the Celtic tradition a candle is placed in a window too let the departed know they are welcome and a place is set for them at the dinner table. This is also a time (the time before midnight) when evil spirits were said to be strong on the earth. Folks would leave offerings outside their dwellings to appease the spirits and be left alone. Somehow people thought it would be cute for their children to pretend to be evil spirits and receive the offerings of appeasement. Therefore the threat "trick or treat".

During the "rebel without a cause” time of the mid to late 50's the trick became more important than the treat and this night became known as mischief night. This has progressed until today we have the night of the living sickos. People put razor blades in apples and poison in candy for the kiddies. So you might say we’ve come full circle and it’s once again a night that evil is strong upon earth.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

funny, and thanks for the history lesson guys
    I did not come here to tell you how it is going to end, I came here to tell you how it was going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, then I\'m going to tell these people what you don\'t want them to hear.

ROFLMAO

My hubby and I both got a good laugh out of that...

And leave it to Neggy to make a joke into a history lesson!!

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Lightbulb Mastication

I have learned a new word; masticate, it means to chew. It is a funny word because it sounds like masturbate. Mastication and masturbation have something else in common, they are both popular substitutes for sex. I don't know why they call it masturbating anyway. It seems like being a masturbator would require a fish hook. It should be called masturdating because it eliminates the date.