Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: abiword robbed :(

Angry abiword robbed :(

I read this and I know that there are many users on this board that uses open source software. I feel that our support would be appreciated. Please take a look at this link and try to help in any way you can.

It is wrong to rob anyone, let alone a non-profit organization that is trying to help you. Very sad.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Wow!!!F#ck a whole bunch of that.I read the paypal horror stories,and then proceeded to send them a nasty Email and fax.I can't stand corporate dip sh!ts who take advantage of hard working people like that.I'm never using their service again.
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

Its really a shame, and the worst part is there are probably more stories that dont get out, and companies getting away with ignoring people. I most cetainly wont put any faith in PayPal from this point onward.

Banned
    Sad, Pathetic, and Horrible. Nothing but that.

Before that, I thought that Paypal was a good and efficient system. I hope now they will view their number of clients sink. They seem to be like some corrupted organisations.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

phishphreek80 that is a noble cause. if word can spread and every one says they refuse to use pay-pal until the abiword claim is taken care of, we might scare them into returning the money that was in their keeping to the people that need it and deserve it. of course contributions wouldn't hurt either.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Well, in that case I can say right now that I refuse to use Pay-Pal. I'll try to help spread the word on what's going on and try to get some friends to help. Tedob1 hit the nail on the head by saying it's a noble cause because I think it is very smart and a good thing to do. I hope they return the money, because they should.
    Space For Rent.. =]

This isn't a rare thing with paypal. Go here, http://www.paypalwarning.com/

abiword isn`t the only site that is having problems with paypal. A friend of mine has a small business on line and her account with paypal was frozen for no reason. She e-mailed and tried calling but received nothing. The only way she even got a response from them was to have a friend who was a lawyer write them a letter. She was told that her money was frozen for six monthes and there was nothing she could do about it. The last I heard from her was she was sueing to get her money out but with the courts bogged down who knows how long that will take. PAYPAL IS A SCAM BEWARE.
    No good deed goes unpunished.

well, you never thought that someone or a company could get to a new low, its just the same as stealing from a charity, charities don't work for profit and neither does this

no wonder many people don't have confidence with online transactions / shopping etc with this sort of thing going on...