View Poll Results: How many miles do you get per gallon?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Between 0 and 12

1 5.88%
  • Between 13 and 22

3 17.65%
  • Between 23 and 35

10 58.82%
  • Greater than 35

3 17.65%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Was Russia right to use gas?

The usage of the gas is morally OK by me, what maddens me is the choice of gas and the subsequent refusal of authorities to release information to facilitate treatment of the victims. As for the terrorists, blow them away, IF CAUGHT RED-HANDED, it saves the costs of trials and prisons.
    Ab Hoc Possum Videre Domum Tuum.

Don't you think a country as large as Russia has a lot of technology and a lot of medical knowledge and they have a good police system , look at the KBG. I think life is not so valued there as it is here. If Stalin and many other leaders had huge purges in that country why would something like this (a somewhat minor event) compared to the purges not present an opportunity for trials of new gases. Of course no one would say that, for they would be condemned for this by others. Of course no one will ever know if this is or is not true.
    For hundreds of years the brain was physically capable of the thoughts of a Galelio or an Aristotle among people who had not yet learned to count to ten. Much of that equipment is still unused and waiting.

Re: WTF?

Originally posted here by Brad
    If that situation had occured here in the U.S. we would have handled it without having our own police killing innocent people.

How quickly we forget. Does anyone here remember Waco, Texas?

114 people killed by ATF agents. How can you justify that?

Banned
    if you ask me people today have to much of a grasp on 'i want to live' than anything for the greater good. the only way to truely win against terrorisim is to tell them that we wont tolerate it on any scale, and well take whatever casualties necisary to rid the world of it. if i were one of the people in that room id have had no problem dieing if i knew that some good came of it, and in this case quite alot of good came from it cause its causing shockwaves everywhere. by saying that negotiation is not an option and that well set off the ourselves if it means that the terrorists die than so be it. i think that every citizen should be ready to sacrifice there selves in a situation like this. truely, whats 100 people dead in the grand scale of things? how about in the war on terror? how many people have to die before terror tactics stop being used?

An update on the suspected gas. I read in the paper that they think it may be BZ gas, something used by the US in Vietnam. They stopped using it due to the fact that it was difficult to control.
    It's thought that the effects of the gas were made worse by being in an enclosed space with many old people.

So far, only one of the dead hostages was killed by gunfire, all the others are suspected victims of the gas.
    Mama always said, keep your virus definitions up to date.

Conf1rm3d_K1ll:

What happened in Waco Texas was proper. They shot some police officers and when that happens, I draw the line. hahaha, u shoot an officer yer ass is grass. Besides, the ppl in that compound were not hostages. Although one might differ in regards to the children who were in there, but the parents of those children are responsible for the deaths.

Conf1rm3d_K1ll:

What happened in Waco Texas was proper. They shot some police officers and when that happens, I draw the line. hahaha, u shoot an officer yer ass is grass. Besides, the ppl in that compound were not hostages. Although one might differ in regards to the children who were in there, but the parents of those children are responsible for the deaths.
    Hostages or not,not everyone in the compound was hostile.Are the lives of bystanders not just as important as those of non-hostile bystanders?It seems the US is pretty good at justifying the killing of innocent people,by writing them off as fanatics.

And if in that case it is the fault of the parents for the deaths of the children,why then is it the fault of the Russian's for the hostage deaths and not the fault of the terrorists?
    It seems like a bit of a double standard to me.

brad, I guess I saw a different Waco than you. I remember men all dressed in black attacking the compound and those inside defending themselves. I'd like to hear your defense of Ruby Ridge while we're on the subject.

As for what happened in Moscow, the facts are still coming out. Part of what happened, I still think, comes from the fact that they were Chechens. If you search back into the early 90's, this isn't an unusual event. There have been a number of terrorist and hostage incidents involving the Chechens, usually ending in high numbers of dead.

I suspect that eventually some kind of peace will be made with Chechnya. Then, following an old pattern an appeal for funding to rebuild Grozny will be made and we, through the UN, will rebuild the city for them.

gghornet:

No double standards here. Big difference between Waco and Russia. Besides, the ppl in the Waco compound were hostile, they shot police officers and like I said, when someone shoots an officer yer ass is grass and we are the lawn mower. So don't compare our federal law enforcement with Russia's. Those retards in Waco could have became major terrorists here at home had our government not taken care of them. And I'll say this one last time, lets not compare our police with Russia, that just isnt a valid argument or comparison.

I think Waco was a way for Billary and Butch Reno to make a statement. The simple fact is, and this not new knowledge, that Koresh came out of the compound to jog prior to the beginning of the siege. They could have taken him any time they wanted. They didn't and as a result, it was a disaster. The Branch Davidians becoming terrorists later? I don't think so. They were just a bunch of kooks who wanted to be left alone.

What of the woman and boy at Ruby Ridge?