October 28th, 2002, 07:10 PM
Looking For a Host
I'm looking for a web-host for my site. Any suggestions? I need alot of space and bandwidth cause I'm gonna have a good bit of downloads. I'm also looking for a good price (who isn't).
October 28th, 2002, 07:23 PM
Checkout netfirms.com. One of the best host around. Great service and cheap.
They even offer a free host plan. Good stuff!
October 28th, 2002, 08:00 PM
Hi! I am new to these forums.......
October 29th, 2002, 01:45 AM
October 29th, 2002, 01:55 AM
I'm looking for a host as well, and I have plans on buying a domain, all for my company and everything like that. Only problem is, I don't own a credit card. If anyone knows a good host with good prices that takes checks, please let me know, it would be much appreciated.
November 13th, 2002, 10:58 PM
I use Ehost Pros. Depending on the package you choose, you can get pretty decent bandwidth and storage capacities. They've also got an "add-ons" section to purchase additional storage, bandwidth, etc.
Best of all...they accept PayPal. If configured correctly (PayPal), you can have Ehost withdraw funds directly from a bank account (no credit cards required). They've also got flexible payment plans (annual, quarterly, etc.).
Ehost Pros Site
Hope it helps...
\"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don\'t Get Sucked Into Jet Engines\"
November 13th, 2002, 11:12 PM
(we support all other top-level domains - .co.uk, .de, .nl, .nu, etc.)
30-day 100% Money-back Guarantee!
Big! 125 Megs of diskspace!
Plus more for free as needed!
Un-metered traffic New! OC12 connection!
Un-metered POP3 Mailboxes!
Unlimited Email addresses
Unlimited Mailing lists
Server Side Includes(SSI)
PHP4 scripting (version 4.2.2 currently)
Perl, Python, Ruby
GD, ImageMagick, FreeType 2
Full configuration through .htaccess files
Your Own cgi-bin
Password protected directories
Your own MySQL database
(extras on request for free!)
phpMyAdmin 2.2.2 pre-installed
Secure Shell Access(ssh) (secure replacement for telnet)
Most common unix utils
* All Accounts are hosted on fast Linux servers on our fully switched network.
* Your account is a "real" system account - we do not use "mass-hosting" schemes that other hosts use to cram as many users per server as possible.
* We do not use Cobalt rackservers. Our servers are currently 90% custom-tuned Intel servers. The remaining 10% are quality Dell servers.
* Our NOC is now connected via an OC-12 Sonet Ring to three major North American backbones (AT&T, UUnet and Global Crossing). Speed that T-3 connected hosts can't match!
* All servers are in a secure environment.
* We are not a reseller. We operate our own servers and all technical support contact is made directly to our technicians. With phpwebhosting.com you will not waste time dealing with a "middleman".
Need a CC card though.. Check the TOS, I think you can have downloads but the site cant be a site that is just downloads
The best thing about this place too is I cancelled my account with them about 6 months ago and I dont even have the CC card anymore but yet the site is up and I still have access to it. I again cancelled just to make sure it worked and I noticed that it did say it may remain open for a while after its cancelled but I havent paid for like 6 months
Violence breeds violence
we need a world court
not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!
November 13th, 2002, 11:23 PM
I Have been looking for a While ...
The Best Deal I Have Found is
November 13th, 2002, 11:28 PM
www.below10host.com is another good one