Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsofts Really Hidden Files

Exclamation Microsofts Really Hidden Files

If you run any version of Windows there are files and folders on your computer that Microsoft has tried extremely hard to keep secret. Inside these folders you will find two major things: Microsoft Internet Explorer has not and will not be clearing your browsing history after you have instructed it to do so, and Microsoft's Outlook Express has not and will not be deleting your e-mail correspondence after you've erased them from your Deleted Items bin. (This also includes all incoming and outgoing file attachments.) And believe me, that's not even the half of it.

If you have any feelings on this subject feel free to express them. And by the way FVckMicrosoft!

ps. Thanks to the r1ddler for writing the doc "Microsofts Really Hidden Files" that can be found at http://****microsoft.com
    THEprophetMOSES

I believe there's a post originaly like this:

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=232266

I think that's it... pretty sure. It was a good read and find. Thanks for the reminder though.
    Viper

Thumbs up

Thanks for that. I tried to find a thread that deals with this and didnt find much. So then i added mine. Only after i realised that there were about six threads that deal with this subject when they were displayued as similar to mine.

Thanks for your input.
    THEprophetMOSES

well just think with a good cleaner you can rid yourself of these hassles or even a good reformat once in a while. and people wonder why microserf was sued . i think gates should have paid more and had stiffer punishment.
    Ametuers get jail time Pros get jobs.

Formatting

Remember, however, that most formatting utilities do not zero-fill the hard drive, or turn all values to zero. If the drive isn't 'wiped' with a true format, data can be easily recovered. Usually, the formatting tool just check for bad sectors by writing to each byte then checking to see if the same value was returned when the areas were rechecked. This is the technique employed by tools such as the format.com that comes with most versions of windows (WINDOWS\COMMAND) and the built-in formatting tools in windows's setup process. Even if a file system is changed, data can be recovered. Several zero-fill utilities for dos are available for free on the web, usually provided by the HD manufacturer on a bootable disk. Since I'm still picking up on linux, I haven't researched a *nix based zero-fill utility yet. I hope this helps!
    Have you filled out an ID-10-T or PEBKAK form lately?

ok buddy to see wut ms do or do't you can get ptprofiler from www.karenware.com this toollet u know everything that is not infront of ur eyes but is stored in the computer

MS has been a boon on the computing world for years now.!!!!

If you like microsoft then read up on them you won't like them after you look at this

www.****microsoft.com

Sorry for the repeat

MS has been a boon on the computing world for years now.!!!!

If you like microsoft then read up on them you won't like them after you look at this

www.****microsoft.com

Sorry for the repeat

Hey guys, now seriously don't anyone thinked about that THEprophetMOSES has searched for a threads with very positive anipoint status to win some cookies? If not i thinked of it and i'm pretty sure that this is the fact. Now, THEprophetMOSES have just won a bad cookie. Sorry...

Hey guys, now seriously don't anyone thinked about that THEprophetMOSES has searched for a threads with very positive anipoint status to win some cookies? If not i thinked of it and i'm pretty sure that this is the fact. Now, THEprophetMOSES have just won a bad cookie. Sorry...