Saddam Hacked!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saddam Hacked!

Post Saddam Hacked!

I searched the most recent posts and didn't see this one anywhere, so I thought it might be interesting reading for some of you.

It seems that someone has hacked Saddam’s E-mail.

It looks like many many people write him daily, advising him on many terrible ways to fight the US and his neighboring countries.

Quotes taken from Wired.com

It's not clear whether Saddam uses e-mail or even knows how to operate a personal computer. But scores of people write to him each week at press@uruklink.net, the e-mail address listed on the official homepage of the Iraqi presidency since at least October 2000.
    The e-mails sent to press@uruklink.net were obtained earlier this month by first clicking on a link, labeled "Check your e-mail in Uruk," on the homepage of Iraq's state-controlled ISP, Uruklink.net, then guessing the login name and password -- both of which were the same, five-letter word.

Uruklink's Web-based e-mail service has been unavailable for the past three days. The version of webmail software used by the Iraqi ISP is known to have several security holes -- but the patches available for them do not appear to have been applied.
    Click here to read the rest of it. It has several messages that were written to him. Some claim to even have received a response.

I don't know why in the hell anyone would want to help him. I have no sympathy for this man. None what so ever. I despise with all my heart.

What do you all think?
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

I don't know which is funnier, the bulls!@# messages or the fact that the login and pass were the same word. It seems odd than an email address connected to Hussein would be completely unprotected? It seems a bit peculiar to me, almost as if he wanted the email broken into, to show what people around the world supposedly think about the situation.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure that all the juicy emails containing weapons information have already been intercepted long before they got to the inbox by a carnivor unit setup in route to the destination.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

wow, interesting read indeed. Thanks for the link.

I wonder if all of those US companies that entreated Saddam to allow trade with them are suddenly feeling very foolish. I also wonder if the FBI is aware of their activities in trying to sell prohibited technologies to Iraq. The one about the Beunos Aries business man trying to sell stolen technology from the NTSB is of particular interest.

/me shakes his head at some of these people

El Diabo

That looks like a joke! I wouldn't give it much credit if I was you.
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]

I agree with Scorp666, it sounds like a simple attempt of disinformation. The only question to ask is "who profits really of this info? Saddam or the USA?"
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

I agree with Scorp666, it sounds like a simple attempt of disinformation. The only question to ask is "who profits really of this info? Saddam or the USA?"
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

Thanks for the artical but I dont know if I would go for it.(the fact that the name is the password)....but I have seen this were I work...so its a posiabilty.
    [glowpurple]A_420_hacker_24::.\"A man without a computer is just a man, a man with a computer is a Admin\" ... \"If its not 4:20 on your clock, it\'s time to change the time\"..:Quotations from Larry Wall:.
    \"I think you didn\'t get a reply because you used the terms \"correct\" and \"proper\", neither of which has much meaning in Perl culture. :-) \"
    [/glowpurple]

Thanks for the artical but I dont know if I would go for it.(the fact that the name is the password)....but I have seen this were I work...so its a posiabilty.
    [glowpurple]A_420_hacker_24::.\"A man without a computer is just a man, a man with a computer is a Admin\" ... \"If its not 4:20 on your clock, it\'s time to change the time\"..:Quotations from Larry Wall:.
    \"I think you didn\'t get a reply because you used the terms \"correct\" and \"proper\", neither of which has much meaning in Perl culture. :-) \"
    [/glowpurple]

It's interesting to think about Saddam and the internet. But think of the situation in contrast. It's like the press in Iraq reporting that President George's HOTMAIL account got hacked. Kinda unlikely story.......
    Condor

It's interesting to think about Saddam and the internet. But think of the situation in contrast. It's like the press in Iraq reporting that President George's HOTMAIL account got hacked. Kinda unlikely story.......
    Condor