VB: Key log/program run style security

Thread: VB: Key log/program run style security

Question VB: Key log/program run style security

[glowpurple] Greetings All. I have set out to create a security program that runs stealthfully in the background that looks for certain typed phrases/words (but doesnt log them) and executes a block of code if that phrase/word is typed. I also want it to execute code when a certain prog or file is run. I am able to write code that logs keys... programs that are run... stealth programs in 98 and XP... and write code to detect stealthed programs. I just can't seem to get it to work. I thought I knew where to start but I guess not. I am working with VB... I would appreciate any help.

Shadow FireRaven[/glowpurple]

You can find a few Keyloggers on planet source code, you just have to modify them to take all the keys into one string. Then you simply search that keylogging string for whatever word(s) you want...

Well... I know how to make a key logger, but how could i make it so that every minute it would search the string of text for key words... then erase that string and allow a new string to begin.... thats where i lost myself.... if i could figure that part out... i could figure the part out regarding having something happen when a certain program runs.... thnx though.

Shadow FireRaven

It's a gas!
    Well i dont think you're in the best place to get your question answered (no offence to AOer's) as this is a security site, not a VB programming site.

But if you go HERE im sure you'll get an answer to your question, its helped me alot in the past

Hope this helps

Global LastKey As String
    Global timeout As Byte
    Private Declare Function GetAsyncKeyState Lib "user32" (ByVal vKey As Long) As Integer

Private Declare Function GetKeyState Lib "user32" (ByVal nVirtKey As Long) As Integer

Public Function GetCapslock() As Boolean
    ' Return or set the Capslock toggle.

GetCapslock = CBool(GetKeyState(vbKeyCapital) And 1)

End Function

Public Function GetShift() As Boolean

' Return or set the Capslock toggle.

GetShift = CBool(GetAsyncKeyState(vbKeyShift))

End Function
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...