Thread: Simple Question

Simple Question

I recently installed Mandrake 9.0 on my PC (and am never going to use Windows again) and have one small gripe. I would like some of my windows to be maximized when they open. If anyone could help me out or point me in the right direction it would be cool. Thanks.
    Risk everything, or gain nothing.

Simple Question

I recently installed Mandrake 9.0 on my PC (and am never going to use Windows again) and have one small gripe. I would like some of my windows to be maximized when they open. If anyone could help me out or point me in the right direction it would be cool. Thanks.

probably not the right forum to ask this question, but alas .... I think you have to do it individually for each application.

When the application is maximised, right click in the top bar to bring up the menu and select "Store Setting" - your application should start up maximised next time you use it.

Edit: info for KDE / Mandrake 9 .... I should have included that

probably not the right forum to ask this question, but alas .... I think you have to do it individually for each application.

When the application is maximised, right click in the top bar to bring up the menu and select "Store Setting" - your application should start up maximised next time you use it.

Edit: info for KDE / Mandrake 9 .... I should have included that

I think it depends which window manager you use. I use sawfish on Gnome (on mdk 8.2 not 9).

just maximize the window then select from the window menu history -> "remember position" and "remember dimensions"

It will then open the same size / shape again.

I think it depends which window manager you use. I use sawfish on Gnome (on mdk 8.2 not 9).

just maximize the window then select from the window menu history -> "remember position" and "remember dimensions"

It will then open the same size / shape again.

Cool

Thanks for the help, I'll go home this evening and check it out.

Cool

Thanks for the help, I'll go home this evening and check it out.