2 suggestions

Thread: 2 suggestions

2 suggestions

hello people

i havent been up long and when i connected to AO today i noticed a thread had went suicidal mainly because it was brought up by a new member to the site and it was an old thread so this in turn got the brain working so heres the 2 suggestions

1.I was thinking that when threads go suicidal they are automatically taken off the front page and a thread that was recently just bumped off of the front page can be replaced by the suicidal thread that got took off the front page

2.and inbetween the link to irc and the active in antionline's forms maybe all the sticky's can be put inbetween them and new user's can read and post to them but when they make a newpost it wont show up on the main page it will stay inbetween with the other stickys

so what do you think about this ?
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

2 suggestions

hello people

i havent been up long and when i connected to AO today i noticed a thread had went suicidal mainly because it was brought up by a new member to the site and it was an old thread so this in turn got the brain working so heres the 2 suggestions

1.I was thinking that when threads go suicidal they are automatically taken off the front page and a thread that was recently just bumped off of the front page can be replaced by the suicidal thread that got took off the front page

2.and inbetween the link to irc and the active in antionline's forms maybe all the sticky's can be put inbetween them and new user's can read and post to them but when they make a newpost it wont show up on the main page it will stay inbetween with the other stickys

so what do you think about this ?
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out

Sounds good enough,

you got my vote,but please explain
    I was thinking that when threads go suicidal they are automatically taken off the front page and a thread that was recently just bumped off of the front page can be replaced by the suicidal thread that got took off the front page
    in a bit more depth please..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Sounds good enough,

you got my vote,but please explain
    I was thinking that when threads go suicidal they are automatically taken off the front page and a thread that was recently just bumped off of the front page can be replaced by the suicidal thread that got took off the front page
    in a bit more depth please..

the JinX every time some one posts a new post a thread gets bumped off the main page right
    so if a thread goes suicidal and gets took off the main page the thread that recently got bumped off by a newpost
    can be brought back to the bottom of the page or where the suicuidal thread was
    does this make any more sense ?

the JinX every time some one posts a new post a thread gets bumped off the main page right
    so if a thread goes suicidal and gets took off the main page the thread that recently got bumped off by a newpost
    can be brought back to the bottom of the page or where the suicuidal thread was
    does this make any more sense ?

Yeah

Yeah that does the trick...

I agree with that being a good idea, just a bit hard to implement..

on the other hand it would be doable..

Yeah

Yeah that does the trick...

I agree with that being a good idea, just a bit hard to implement..

on the other hand it would be doable..

Re: 2 suggestions

I think the first idea is great, because too often there are suicidal threads clogging the main page where useful stuff could go.

Originally posted here by prodikal
    and inbetween the link to irc and the active in antionline's forms maybe all the sticky's can be put inbetween them and new user's can read and post to them but when they make a newpost it wont show up on the main page it will stay inbetween with the other stickys
    I like the idea of putting them there... but I think you should bump them up if people respond. There wouldn't be a real need to respond anyway. Just read the damn things

If someone continually posted to these they could up their post count and no-one would notice cos the threads weren't bumped. The way it is now, anything that counts towards your post count is bumped onto the main page. I think it should stay that way so that no-one just makes senseless one line replies to the stickys to up their count.

Also, maybe take the stickys off the main page after a certain number of posts and/or ap's, cos if you've got say 25 posts and some ap's, you probably have a fair idea of what's going on.

JMHO

Re: 2 suggestions

I think the first idea is great, because too often there are suicidal threads clogging the main page where useful stuff could go.

Originally posted here by prodikal
    and inbetween the link to irc and the active in antionline's forms maybe all the sticky's can be put inbetween them and new user's can read and post to them but when they make a newpost it wont show up on the main page it will stay inbetween with the other stickys
    I like the idea of putting them there... but I think you should bump them up if people respond. There wouldn't be a real need to respond anyway. Just read the damn things

If someone continually posted to these they could up their post count and no-one would notice cos the threads weren't bumped. The way it is now, anything that counts towards your post count is bumped onto the main page. I think it should stay that way so that no-one just makes senseless one line replies to the stickys to up their count.

Also, maybe take the stickys off the main page after a certain number of posts and/or ap's, cos if you've got say 25 posts and some ap's, you probably have a fair idea of what's going on.

JMHO