Thread: user already exists!

user already exists!

well today like any other day i was working when one of my friends came to me and asked if i could give him an ID so he can use the network localy,he asked it would be as restricted as possible (i knew what he was up to) so i logged as the admin and went to setting ,user and password,and tried to add a user with the username "restricted" but to my great surprise a warning message poped up with somthing like this:
    The user restricted already exists
    but i did not have that user in my users list,dose anyone know why this happens?

user already exists!

well today like any other day i was working when one of my friends came to me and asked if i could give him an ID so he can use the network localy,he asked it would be as restricted as possible (i knew what he was up to) so i logged as the admin and went to setting ,user and password,and tried to add a user with the username "restricted" but to my great surprise a warning message poped up with somthing like this:
    The user restricted already exists
    but i did not have that user in my users list,dose anyone know why this happens?

Not sure about this but here goes. I believe that restricted cannot be used because it already has an SID for the type of user you have. Its one of the keywords that windows has that cannot be used as a username.

Hope this helps
    Alright take it ease

Not sure about this but here goes. I believe that restricted cannot be used because it already has an SID for the type of user you have. Its one of the keywords that windows has that cannot be used as a username.

Hope this helps
    Alright take it ease

Actually there are keywords in any OS that cannot be used like back in the DOS days there were a ton and to this day depending on the software symbols in file names can cause problems. Example if you use the % sign in a file name and then send an email using Outlook and attach the file like 10%submittal.doc Outlook will give you an out of memory error, best to learn the reserved names and chars of any program or OS.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Actually there are keywords in any OS that cannot be used like back in the DOS days there were a ton and to this day depending on the software symbols in file names can cause problems. Example if you use the % sign in a file name and then send an email using Outlook and attach the file like 10%submittal.doc Outlook will give you an out of memory error, best to learn the reserved names and chars of any program or OS.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg