Any one use Lindows?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any one use Lindows?

Any one use Lindows?

I was wondering if any one here uses Lindows. I am thinking about installing it but want to know a little more about it as well as what users think. I have been to lindows.com and checked out all the screenshots and faqs but there really isnt too much there.

So basicly if you use it what do you think? What all aspects of linux does it have? Is most of linux software compatable with it? and anything else you think i might like to know.
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

Any one use Lindows?

I was wondering if any one here uses Lindows. I am thinking about installing it but want to know a little more about it as well as what users think. I have been to lindows.com and checked out all the screenshots and faqs but there really isnt too much there.

So basicly if you use it what do you think? What all aspects of linux does it have? Is most of linux software compatable with it? and anything else you think i might like to know.
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

I'm not very familiar with lindows, but one 'feature' it has that I don't like is that the user is, from what I've heard, always logged in as root. This is a step back in the linux world. It doesn't have near as much support for windows applications as they originally claimed, and lindows isn't an OS I will take the time to learn. Too many good linux distributions are out, and if you really want a windows look and feel, several X window managers provide that environment in redhat, slackware, and debian. Lycoris Desktop may be your flavor of linux.
    Have you filled out an ID-10-T or PEBKAK form lately?

I'm not very familiar with lindows, but one 'feature' it has that I don't like is that the user is, from what I've heard, always logged in as root. This is a step back in the linux world. It doesn't have near as much support for windows applications as they originally claimed, and lindows isn't an OS I will take the time to learn. Too many good linux distributions are out, and if you really want a windows look and feel, several X window managers provide that environment in redhat, slackware, and debian. Lycoris Desktop may be your flavor of linux.
    Have you filled out an ID-10-T or PEBKAK form lately?

I will never advise you to install Lindows. As Xid said, if you want to have a Windows like GUI, try http://www.lycoris.com . And if you want a powerful distro, try RedHat, Debian and others great names of the Linux world.
    Lindows is only known for his name and for its problems with Microsoft, in fact it's a very bad Linux distro.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

I will never advise you to install Lindows. As Xid said, if you want to have a Windows like GUI, try http://www.lycoris.com . And if you want a powerful distro, try RedHat, Debian and others great names of the Linux world.
    Lindows is only known for his name and for its problems with Microsoft, in fact it's a very bad Linux distro.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

I would much rather spend a few minutes to find my way around kde or gnome then use a crappy Linux distro that looks like windows.
    Its not software piracy. Iím just making multiple off site backups.

I would much rather spend a few minutes to find my way around kde or gnome then use a crappy Linux distro that looks like windows.
    Its not software piracy. Iím just making multiple off site backups.

Lycoris looks pretty sweet and way better. This is free correct. You only have to pay if you order the disk? I checked out the download section and I assume I would want the ISO category and then cd1_en_binary.iso for the OS and cd3_en_devtools.iso for other add ons?
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court

Lycoris looks pretty sweet and way better. This is free correct. You only have to pay if you order the disk? I checked out the download section and I assume I would want the ISO category and then cd1_en_binary.iso for the OS and cd3_en_devtools.iso for other add ons?
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court