Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: being attacked? by friend

Angry being attacked? by friend

Hi guys. Ive recently started trying to extend my knowledge on hacking so i can prevent others from doing it to me...but the more i read the more i see that i dont know. Basically, over the past few weeks a friend of mine has been basically cutting off my internet. I have zone alarm running constantly, but he has the ability to make my cable die. ITs kinda sad...we'll be playing counter-strike or something and ill kill him or something stupid like that and he'll get pissed and say "brb...imma packet you" or something. Oh, another thing, i'm on a network so i dont know if the main computer needs to have something on it or what...cuz thats my parents and they dont want me putting stuff on their comp.

thanks for the help

Angry being attacked? by friend

Hi guys. Ive recently started trying to extend my knowledge on hacking so i can prevent others from doing it to me...but the more i read the more i see that i dont know. Basically, over the past few weeks a friend of mine has been basically cutting off my internet. I have zone alarm running constantly, but he has the ability to make my cable die. ITs kinda sad...we'll be playing counter-strike or something and ill kill him or something stupid like that and he'll get pissed and say "brb...imma packet you" or something. Oh, another thing, i'm on a network so i dont know if the main computer needs to have something on it or what...cuz thats my parents and they dont want me putting stuff on their comp.

thanks for the help

Well, it sounds like he's DOSing you (Denial of Service) - basically flooding your machine with packets that overload it to where it can't transmit and recieve normally, hence, performing a Denial of Service. What is your network setup? I understand you are running Zone Alarm on your computer, but how are you connecting to the Net? Are you guys hooked through a Cable/DSL router, or are you hooked through another machine?
    - Maverick

Well, it sounds like he's DOSing you (Denial of Service) - basically flooding your machine with packets that overload it to where it can't transmit and recieve normally, hence, performing a Denial of Service. What is your network setup? I understand you are running Zone Alarm on your computer, but how are you connecting to the Net? Are you guys hooked through a Cable/DSL router, or are you hooked through another machine?
    - Maverick

Ok firewall is a good thing but if you have a dialup account then to send a null string to your modem is no big deal. Without knowing what type of connect you have either way DDos will zap a modem or for that matter a cable modem/router. How can you call this person a friend? Sort of like smacking you up side the head when your not looking. I'd suggest a better friend
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Ok firewall is a good thing but if you have a dialup account then to send a null string to your modem is no big deal. Without knowing what type of connect you have either way DDos will zap a modem or for that matter a cable modem/router. How can you call this person a friend? Sort of like smacking you up side the head when your not looking. I'd suggest a better friend
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Exclamation

yea this person sounds like a real great person, the computer you use as a server should have a firewall runing all the time. and, just as a precaution, go kick your friends a5s.

Exclamation

yea this person sounds like a real great person, the computer you use as a server should have a firewall runing all the time. and, just as a precaution, go kick your friends a5s.

It\'s 106 miles to Chicago, we\'ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it\'s dark and we\'re wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!

It\'s 106 miles to Chicago, we\'ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it\'s dark and we\'re wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!