Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Study: Having sex before 18 reduces stress

I agree with micael and bimmer. You should have sex when you are ready, not based on someone else's view of what age is "appropriate"
    I love pizza...........Do you?

I agree with micael and bimmer. You should have sex when you are ready, not based on someone else's view of what age is "appropriate"
    I love pizza...........Do you?

The article doenset even begin to touch the negative side effects that can come from sex: unwanted pregnancy, STDs, guilt and other emotional problems. All of those can lead to lots of stress. Actually having sex at an older age is probably better, becasue hopefully you have a more mature view of it, which plays a very big part. All in all, the idea is intresting, but doesnt float very well.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

The article doenset even begin to touch the negative side effects that can come from sex: unwanted pregnancy, STDs, guilt and other emotional problems. All of those can lead to lots of stress. Actually having sex at an older age is probably better, becasue hopefully you have a more mature view of it, which plays a very big part. All in all, the idea is intresting, but doesnt float very well.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

I'd like someone to tell that crap to my mom who had 2 kids by the time she was 17 and another when she was 20.You call that a reduction of stress?
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

I'd like someone to tell that crap to my mom who had 2 kids by the time she was 17 and another when she was 20.You call that a reduction of stress?
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

I have to agree more with Syini666 that waiting awhile is definitely better.

A number of you have said wait until you are ready. I think that is the first step. It is very detrimental psychologically (and this has been shown in numerous studies) if sex is forced upon you before you are ready. Even if this is merely through coercion and not something more sinister like rape or molestation.

However, even when you "feel" you are ready you probably are not. Most 15-18 year olds think they are ready. Most 30+ understand that they weren't at that age. The complexity and nature of interpersonal relationships changes entirely when sex enters the mix. This has nothing to do with the other "dangers" mentioned such as pregnancy, AIDS, and STD's. In the proper context this addition is not a problem but a bonus. At an early age though it can add tremendous amounts of stress to a person.

I am not nearly as worried about the adult as the adolescent. I remember my teen years when what my friends thought was more important to me than what my parents thought and sometimes more than what I thought. When I felt "out" it was depressing and hard to deal with. When I was "in" everything was better. To add further complication to this already overly complicated time just does not seem wise to me.

So although it should not be tied to an age or time I certainly think it is safe to say that we are not good judges of our own readiness for many experiences. I guess that is why I decided to wait until I got married to have sex and while I may be more stressed now for waiting I have never regretted the decision.

BTW, just to stay on topic I agree that the article seems to be more hype than substance but the headline would certainly have drawn me to read it so it achieved its purpose.
    SodaMoca5
    \"We are pressing through the sphincter of assholiness\"

I have to agree more with Syini666 that waiting awhile is definitely better.

A number of you have said wait until you are ready. I think that is the first step. It is very detrimental psychologically (and this has been shown in numerous studies) if sex is forced upon you before you are ready. Even if this is merely through coercion and not something more sinister like rape or molestation.

However, even when you "feel" you are ready you probably are not. Most 15-18 year olds think they are ready. Most 30+ understand that they weren't at that age. The complexity and nature of interpersonal relationships changes entirely when sex enters the mix. This has nothing to do with the other "dangers" mentioned such as pregnancy, AIDS, and STD's. In the proper context this addition is not a problem but a bonus. At an early age though it can add tremendous amounts of stress to a person.

I am not nearly as worried about the adult as the adolescent. I remember my teen years when what my friends thought was more important to me than what my parents thought and sometimes more than what I thought. When I felt "out" it was depressing and hard to deal with. When I was "in" everything was better. To add further complication to this already overly complicated time just does not seem wise to me.

So although it should not be tied to an age or time I certainly think it is safe to say that we are not good judges of our own readiness for many experiences. I guess that is why I decided to wait until I got married to have sex and while I may be more stressed now for waiting I have never regretted the decision.

BTW, just to stay on topic I agree that the article seems to be more hype than substance but the headline would certainly have drawn me to read it so it achieved its purpose.
    SodaMoca5
    \"We are pressing through the sphincter of assholiness\"

hey i approve with bimmer and micale let the time come and we would be stress realeased.anyways those articles are pure gossip to attract readers mind.i think so???

hey i approve with bimmer and micale let the time come and we would be stress realeased.anyways those articles are pure gossip to attract readers mind.i think so???