Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: A Plea to the new members

Yeah I agree with roswell1392, maybe the front page shouldn't list general chit chat forums...
    Or better, maybe we should have the option to customize our front page and select which forum's posts we want to see...

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

Yeah I agree with roswell1392, maybe the front page shouldn't list general chit chat forums...
    Or better, maybe we should have the option to customize our front page and select which forum's posts we want to see...

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

Prokidal, I do not think you are the only one feeling much fustration at the lack of valid content. True any community has a wide range of users but what I see is posts that had a newbie bothered to search could find in depth answers. For me it is not only the subject of the posts but the true newbie answers to many well truly am new to computers questions. Learning is a good thing as are questions, but I'd say search the threads to the newbies chances are what you just found out is very old news to many here. Me I could care less is it is someones birthday and they have 1 year before then can drink, like after 6 months drink9ng is a big deal or clubs. I see valid threads in many areas being pushed off the main page in favor of for lack of another term attention seeking users seeking approval for passages in life. Get to tech stuff again will visit and peek in when the nonsense is gone.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Prokidal, I do not think you are the only one feeling much fustration at the lack of valid content. True any community has a wide range of users but what I see is posts that had a newbie bothered to search could find in depth answers. For me it is not only the subject of the posts but the true newbie answers to many well truly am new to computers questions. Learning is a good thing as are questions, but I'd say search the threads to the newbies chances are what you just found out is very old news to many here. Me I could care less is it is someones birthday and they have 1 year before then can drink, like after 6 months drink9ng is a big deal or clubs. I see valid threads in many areas being pushed off the main page in favor of for lack of another term attention seeking users seeking approval for passages in life. Get to tech stuff again will visit and peek in when the nonsense is gone.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Alright, let me get this straight. You're posting a non-security/non-computer related message asking others to stop posting non-security/non-computer related messages. Something doesn't fit quite right here.

As for point of view on the subject, I'm not taking sides. The General Chit-Chat forum is just for that....general chit-chat. But it does get out of hand when it bumps down the threads that really mean something. Here's a solution : why don't they put a little checkbox marked "Leave off of main page", so that posters can still have their chit-chat, but won't ruin the over-all purpose of AO?

Alright, let me get this straight. You're posting a non-security/non-computer related message asking others to stop posting non-security/non-computer related messages. Something doesn't fit quite right here.

As for point of view on the subject, I'm not taking sides. The General Chit-Chat forum is just for that....general chit-chat. But it does get out of hand when it bumps down the threads that really mean something. Here's a solution : why don't they put a little checkbox marked "Leave off of main page", so that posters can still have their chit-chat, but won't ruin the over-all purpose of AO?

this is a useless argument.... there are good threads and bullshit threads...... they have there respective places.
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

this is a useless argument.... there are good threads and bullshit threads...... they have there respective places.
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

prodikal - I know you didn't mean to pick on my post specifically. At the same time say if I wanted to know something technical, I can usually find it by either searching the past threads, or going to another site. So for me to post something technical related is difficult because so much has been posted already. Just giving an example. Anyway, it is good to clear this up and maybe somethings shouldn't go on the front of the board, like things posted in the general chit chat forum. Maybe someone should suggest this to JP
    Your actions speak so loud that I cannot hear the words you are saying - Emerson

prodikal - I know you didn't mean to pick on my post specifically. At the same time say if I wanted to know something technical, I can usually find it by either searching the past threads, or going to another site. So for me to post something technical related is difficult because so much has been posted already. Just giving an example. Anyway, it is good to clear this up and maybe somethings shouldn't go on the front of the board, like things posted in the general chit chat forum. Maybe someone should suggest this to JP
    Your actions speak so loud that I cannot hear the words you are saying - Emerson