Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kazaa Virus?

Originally posted here by Spyder32

That is some things, but not all. You need to clean the two registry file's it creates(in the kazaa section, and the run section of software), you need to continually remove the virii files from Kazaa, (which if isn't removed automatically upon download, can reproduce multiple times) you need to make sure that you remove Cheese-Burger.exe from the Windows System folder, and from the registry as well. There are multiple steps, to find them out, search most Virii Definition site's for removal instructions and information on it. Like I said, there are quite a few things you need to do to make sure it is COMPLETLY off your system.
    the only keys the virus creates is one in startup and it edits the kazaa settings, once the virus isnt running u can change your settings back to normal in kazaa. Also it doesnt always go under the name cheese-burger.exe.

but like he said might be best off going to an anti virus site and doing it that way i might have forgot some bits (:

Originally posted here by Spyder32

That is some things, but not all. You need to clean the two registry file's it creates(in the kazaa section, and the run section of software), you need to continually remove the virii files from Kazaa, (which if isn't removed automatically upon download, can reproduce multiple times) you need to make sure that you remove Cheese-Burger.exe from the Windows System folder, and from the registry as well. There are multiple steps, to find them out, search most Virii Definition site's for removal instructions and information on it. Like I said, there are quite a few things you need to do to make sure it is COMPLETLY off your system.
    the only keys the virus creates is one in startup and it edits the kazaa settings, once the virus isnt running u can change your settings back to normal in kazaa. Also it doesnt always go under the name cheese-burger.exe.

but like he said might be best off going to an anti virus site and doing it that way i might have forgot some bits (:

From my experience with p2p programmes like kazza, I avoid the words "full installer", "full game" and generally anything that has to do with full.
    They are the best files that can contain viruses.

.jpg.exe, .jpg.vbs, .avi.exe, .avi.vbs, .mp3.exe, .mp3.vbs, -fulldownloader, 3-fulldwnloader, -full-downloader, -games-fulldownloader, divx-fulldownloader, 3-full-dwnloader-, -games-fulldownloader-, -games-fulldownload, pack-fully-download, .htm, .html, .url, .sys, .ini, .m3u, .xml, .vbs, .js, .bat, .eml

thats what i have blocked..

LOL@mr.leachy

You're right about that.Although I do enjoy the free coasters they send in the mail all the time.The bottom line with Kazaa is if you download something,scan the hell out of it,after installing something,go through and scan all of the files that were installed.Then run a full scan on your computer afterwards.It can be a time consuming process,but that's the price you pay.Just for future reference,there's a lot more security risks than bugs that come along with Kazaa.

Hmmm.that's pretty cool.I just unintentionally created a link to laugh at mr. leachy.My apologys to anyone who gets a bunch of strange Emails.
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

Just run an up to date antivirus on software before you open it. Kazaa is growing with trojans and viruses.I downloaded a few myself before I got my antivirus.That is no reason to stop using kazaa if you just stay away from software.Cracks are alot of times trojans or viruses so try to stay away from those.I see you have alot of cracks on your computer.

Yea , Spyder is definetely right because there are definetely thousands and thousands of virii running through the p2p network.So , there is definetely not just one "Kazaa" virus.

-N
    "Serenity is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it."