Gameing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gameing

Banned

Gameing

I got really mad a few days back becuase some guy though he was "l33t" cause he downloaded some lamer programs. In warcraft your brought into this area where you DL the map and wait/chat while your clan enters the game.This guy opens up a game called hackers only.... I already knew what would be going on in there.

S.kiddie: I can change the color of my text & checkout this bot I have
    Me: I can't beleave you guys.... you think downloading crap makes you a hacker?
    S.Kiddie: STFU loser! I don't see you doing anything.
    Me: Oh yeah? Why don't you hold the buttons ALT and F4 you lamer.
    S.Kiddie: WTF is a lamer? You can't even speak english
    S.kiddie's friend: left the game
    His other lamer pal: left the game
    Host: has left the game

This guy made me so mad. He was obviosly new to the game because he needed cheats and he didn't know about all the hotkeys in the game. Of course I got lucky that time...

If any of you guys are fans of games like half-life but hate it when peaple cheat then I'd suggest checking out Counter-hack. Sorry I forgot the URL but its a great site..... the whole thing is dedicated to catching cheaters. I think that peaple should police over games more I mean just think what would happen if you had a account on a pay-per-play game? It would not only rune the game for you but it would cost you money if someone stole the account. I can't beleave how much peaple overlook the lack of security in online games. Sure cheating a game doesn't sound like a big deal but the gameing companies always seem to let the problems grow intil peaple start DOSing technical support rooms & directing peaple to sites that looks like it gives upgrades but they are really spreading evil code.

Banned

Gameing

I got really mad a few days back becuase some guy though he was "l33t" cause he downloaded some lamer programs. In warcraft your brought into this area where you DL the map and wait/chat while your clan enters the game.This guy opens up a game called hackers only.... I already knew what would be going on in there.

S.kiddie: I can change the color of my text & checkout this bot I have
    Me: I can't beleave you guys.... you think downloading crap makes you a hacker?
    S.Kiddie: STFU loser! I don't see you doing anything.
    Me: Oh yeah? Why don't you hold the buttons ALT and F4 you lamer.
    S.Kiddie: WTF is a lamer? You can't even speak english
    S.kiddie's friend: left the game
    His other lamer pal: left the game
    Host: has left the game

This guy made me so mad. He was obviosly new to the game because he needed cheats and he didn't know about all the hotkeys in the game. Of course I got lucky that time...

If any of you guys are fans of games like half-life but hate it when peaple cheat then I'd suggest checking out Counter-hack. Sorry I forgot the URL but its a great site..... the whole thing is dedicated to catching cheaters. I think that peaple should police over games more I mean just think what would happen if you had a account on a pay-per-play game? It would not only rune the game for you but it would cost you money if someone stole the account. I can't beleave how much peaple overlook the lack of security in online games. Sure cheating a game doesn't sound like a big deal but the gameing companies always seem to let the problems grow intil peaple start DOSing technical support rooms & directing peaple to sites that looks like it gives upgrades but they are really spreading evil code.

From a security standpoint many on-line games are getting quite a bit better. With the pay for play games and the MMORPG games there are strict rules about cheating. In most of them (although I am most familiar with Anarchy Online) there are exploits and cheats. A cheat is a user created exploit while an exploit is found and is part of the "official code". Until an action is labelled an exploit it is fair game. No cheat is allowed and if discovered the person will lose their account.

For an MMORPG where you have invested many hours of gameplay to build up a successful character this is an effective punishment. For a game like Counter Strike it would not be because you go to another server or wait, change you name, and head on back.

For most games it is critical that the players as well as the server admins keep up to date on the latest cheats and the latest patches and tools to stop those cheats. One of my most enjoyable CS games was the day a cheater came on using an invisibility cheat (long time ago) to which I had the fix. The fix made him look like a rainbow. I warned the other team but they had no one who could see him so I switched sides. This guy would run straight at the other team and get great scores because he relied on his cheat. With me on the other team I would run out front of my team, here came the loser who now was an easy kill. He had no skill at all (I was decent but am in no way a great CS player). Four times he came, four times he died. Left the server never to return. All of a sudden his bragging talk (which had been very arrogant and annoying) was reversed because he was proven to be the gimp he was.

In total though I agree with you. Cheaters can ruin a game. It is also interesting that a decent player can destroy his ability if he begins to rely on a cheat and a poor player will never improve while he is cheating. They just don't learn the proper skills. While they may feel uber everyone knows that a cheater is the lowest form of loser. They would do much better to play fair, learn, and grow as a player rather than rely on aids that hold them down.

BTW I do enjoy agreed cheat modes on some games as long as both parties agree and are allowed to use the same cheat mode then I figure it is a modified game and not cheating.
    SodaMoca5
    \"We are pressing through the sphincter of assholiness\"

From a security standpoint many on-line games are getting quite a bit better. With the pay for play games and the MMORPG games there are strict rules about cheating. In most of them (although I am most familiar with Anarchy Online) there are exploits and cheats. A cheat is a user created exploit while an exploit is found and is part of the "official code". Until an action is labelled an exploit it is fair game. No cheat is allowed and if discovered the person will lose their account.

For an MMORPG where you have invested many hours of gameplay to build up a successful character this is an effective punishment. For a game like Counter Strike it would not be because you go to another server or wait, change you name, and head on back.

For most games it is critical that the players as well as the server admins keep up to date on the latest cheats and the latest patches and tools to stop those cheats. One of my most enjoyable CS games was the day a cheater came on using an invisibility cheat (long time ago) to which I had the fix. The fix made him look like a rainbow. I warned the other team but they had no one who could see him so I switched sides. This guy would run straight at the other team and get great scores because he relied on his cheat. With me on the other team I would run out front of my team, here came the loser who now was an easy kill. He had no skill at all (I was decent but am in no way a great CS player). Four times he came, four times he died. Left the server never to return. All of a sudden his bragging talk (which had been very arrogant and annoying) was reversed because he was proven to be the gimp he was.

In total though I agree with you. Cheaters can ruin a game. It is also interesting that a decent player can destroy his ability if he begins to rely on a cheat and a poor player will never improve while he is cheating. They just don't learn the proper skills. While they may feel uber everyone knows that a cheater is the lowest form of loser. They would do much better to play fair, learn, and grow as a player rather than rely on aids that hold them down.

BTW I do enjoy agreed cheat modes on some games as long as both parties agree and are allowed to use the same cheat mode then I figure it is a modified game and not cheating.
    SodaMoca5
    \"We are pressing through the sphincter of assholiness\"

Banned
    Yeah but MODs and stuff are made to be edited though. And atleast "MAKEING" mods and character involves some skills. But this guy made me so mad....

Not only was his cheats old but this guy actually thought that he was something special. I mean atleast normal lamers know what I mean when I say the word.

Banned
    Yeah but MODs and stuff are made to be edited though. And atleast "MAKEING" mods and character involves some skills. But this guy made me so mad....

Not only was his cheats old but this guy actually thought that he was something special. I mean atleast normal lamers know what I mean when I say the word.

Well for warcraft all you have to do play the anonymous matchmaking were blizzard serverís check for cheating but if you like to play custom games where the user with the fastest connection host the game then cheaters are to be expected.
    Its not software piracy. Iím just making multiple off site backups.

Well for warcraft all you have to do play the anonymous matchmaking were blizzard serverís check for cheating but if you like to play custom games where the user with the fastest connection host the game then cheaters are to be expected.
    Its not software piracy. Iím just making multiple off site backups.

Yeah understand what you are saying many people do that all the time and i hate it. Here we are trying to play and improve our skills and record and here is somebody cheating and hacking games. I find that to be really lame and i see where your argument is coming from.

Yeah understand what you are saying many people do that all the time and i hate it. Here we are trying to play and improve our skills and record and here is somebody cheating and hacking games. I find that to be really lame and i see where your argument is coming from.