Thread: Get dns error

Get dns error

I'm kinda puzzle tonight. When ever I try to download trojan scanner or kind a anti trojan or sth, I'll get this msg
    Connection to site fail. Cannot find server(DNS error)
    . As far as I concern I nerver had this problem b4. And wat weird thing is, my IE display cannot find server very often. I need to refresh it everytime I want to go to ther other site. It is I'm effecting with trojan. Kinda trauma with trojan and virus right now.

ok Im using win98 with dial up networking and IE 5.0 I thought ( It built in with win98 cd)

Thank q for an advanced

Get dns error

I'm kinda puzzle tonight. When ever I try to download trojan scanner or kind a anti trojan or sth, I'll get this msg
    Connection to site fail. Cannot find server(DNS error)
    . As far as I concern I nerver had this problem b4. And wat weird thing is, my IE display cannot find server very often. I need to refresh it everytime I want to go to ther other site. It is I'm effecting with trojan. Kinda trauma with trojan and virus right now.

ok Im using win98 with dial up networking and IE 5.0 I thought ( It built in with win98 cd)

Thank q for an advanced

Are you using dial up networking for an ISP or to connect to a corporatation? If the later is the page allowed or is it blocked by a proxy? Have you tried a different browser? What are the connection settings (tools->internet options connections)? Have you tired w/automaticlly detect settings on? with it off? Can you ping the host from the command line? Have you tried going via IP address?

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

-D
    If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked. What\'s more, you deserve to be hacked.
    -- former White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke

Are you using dial up networking for an ISP or to connect to a corporatation? If the later is the page allowed or is it blocked by a proxy? Have you tried a different browser? What are the connection settings (tools->internet options connections)? Have you tired w/automaticlly detect settings on? with it off? Can you ping the host from the command line? Have you tried going via IP address?

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

-D
    If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked. What\'s more, you deserve to be hacked.
    -- former White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke

Ok I'm using ISP
    If the later is the page allowed or is it blocked by a proxy?
    Internet option for connection - I did not select anything. oo sorry I miss to ping the host. I'll try it. And sorry but wat is this mean
    Have you tried going via IP address
    Ok now after do few thing with my pc. I install nortoncleensweep and run the program. I delete ur my ... I dunno wat the program delete. And went I'm log in to internet again. It all work fine. I can download the antitrojan from http://www.moosoft.com/thecleaner/download.php (thank to ao member give this add. sorry forget ur name).

But thank q anyway for ur help.

Ok I'm using ISP
    If the later is the page allowed or is it blocked by a proxy?
    Internet option for connection - I did not select anything. oo sorry I miss to ping the host. I'll try it. And sorry but wat is this mean
    Have you tried going via IP address
    Ok now after do few thing with my pc. I install nortoncleensweep and run the program. I delete ur my ... I dunno wat the program delete. And went I'm log in to internet again. It all work fine. I can download the antitrojan from http://www.moosoft.com/thecleaner/download.php (thank to ao member give this add. sorry forget ur name).

But thank q anyway for ur help.