Beginning C : by Ivor Horton
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beginning C : by Ivor Horton

Thumbs up Beginning C : by Ivor Horton

Beginning C written by Ivor Horton is an outstanding book for anyone wishing to learn/review the C programming language. I read lots of tutorials over C and was lost but i read this book and I obsorbed it. Horton does a really great job teaching a widely used language and having fun along the way.

The website for the folk who wrote it is www.wrox.com and the book as of when i bought it is in its 2nd edition.

If you want to learn C and couldn't grasp it before try this book. Did wonders for me!

Thumbs up Beginning C : by Ivor Horton

Beginning C written by Ivor Horton is an outstanding book for anyone wishing to learn/review the C programming language. I read lots of tutorials over C and was lost but i read this book and I obsorbed it. Horton does a really great job teaching a widely used language and having fun along the way.

The website for the folk who wrote it is www.wrox.com and the book as of when i bought it is in its 2nd edition.

If you want to learn C and couldn't grasp it before try this book. Did wonders for me!

But why learn C when C# and the .Net is the up and coming language of choice?
    Your actions speak so loud that I cannot hear the words you are saying - Emerson

Your actions speak so loud that I cannot hear the words you are saying - Emerson

Originally posted here by cha_chi
    Because C is the basis for all of those languages! If you learn the foundation then you can easily add all those language to you building. ok, ok so i'm not good at Metaphors but you get the idea.

Originally posted here by cha_chi
    Because C is the basis for all of those languages! If you learn the foundation then you can easily add all those language to you building. ok, ok so i'm not good at Metaphors but you get the idea.

Banned
    Screw C# and .Net. Thanks for the review, rasem.

Banned
    Screw C# and .Net. Thanks for the review, rasem.

C# and .NET are too limited in their capabilities to become serious programming languages. I tend to stick with C and Assembly (yes, i know...i'm a masochist). I'l have to check that book out sometime. If you want anyother recommendations, feel free to ask.

C# and .NET are too limited in their capabilities to become serious programming languages. I tend to stick with C and Assembly (yes, i know...i'm a masochist). I'l have to check that book out sometime. If you want anyother recommendations, feel free to ask.