John and his Family

Thread: John and his Family

John and his Family

I'm not sure where this belongs to, I think it's kinda funny so I put it here. OK. See if you can answer all questions correctly and get a score of 100. You may need to try it several times, but sure you can. Nah, I won't tell you the trick. Oh, well, maybe one little hint: you are free to push any button... Enjoy!

http://members.fortunecity.com/jdenn...is_Family.html

Note: I wrote "John and his Family" when I was learning (and in bore) DOM. No, JP, I'm not talking about your family. The story itself is crappy and irrelevant, for that matter, I just made it up.

Technote: DOM (Document Object Model) is the immediate descendant of Dynamic HTML. You need a DOM compliant browser with Javascript enabled to view it properly. IE5+ and NS6+ are just fine. The key to all this is the DOM's getElementById and innerHTML methods. See the source code yourself! A DOM tut anyone?

Peace always,
    <jdenny>
    Always listen to experts. They\'ll tell you what can\'t be done and why. Then go and do it. -- Robert Heinlein
    I\'m basically a very lazy person who likes to get credit for things other people actually do. -- Linus Torvalds

John and his Family

I'm not sure where this belongs to, I think it's kinda funny so I put it here. OK. See if you can answer all questions correctly and get a score of 100. You may need to try it several times, but sure you can. Nah, I won't tell you the trick. Oh, well, maybe one little hint: you are free to push any button... Enjoy!

http://members.fortunecity.com/jdenn...is_Family.html

Note: I wrote "John and his Family" when I was learning (and in bore) DOM. No, JP, I'm not talking about your family. The story itself is crappy and irrelevant, for that matter, I just made it up.

Technote: DOM (Document Object Model) is the immediate descendant of Dynamic HTML. You need a DOM compliant browser with Javascript enabled to view it properly. IE5+ and NS6+ are just fine. The key to all this is the DOM's getElementById and innerHTML methods. See the source code yourself! A DOM tut anyone?

Peace always,
    <jdenny>
    Always listen to experts. They\'ll tell you what can\'t be done and why. Then go and do it. -- Robert Heinlein
    I\'m basically a very lazy person who likes to get credit for things other people actually do. -- Linus Torvalds

Waaa I can't get it right. emm U just one to play trick. hee the answer change everytime u hit get score. But kinda funny. Nice

Waaa I can't get it right. emm U just one to play trick. hee the answer change everytime u hit get score. But kinda funny. Nice

Actually the answer change everytime u click an answer, not when u hit get score. But trust me, it IS possible to get a perfect score. It's because browser bug or something. As I said, u're free to hit any button. OK, one more hint: the real answers are the ones displayed the first time. Come on, try again, think outside the box. I know u can. Anybody?

Anyway, I'm just thinking if in the future all exams would be done on the web, and some teachers would play this trick to their students... Life would be more interesting eh?

Peace always,
    <jdenny>

Actually the answer change everytime u click an answer, not when u hit get score. But trust me, it IS possible to get a perfect score. It's because browser bug or something. As I said, u're free to hit any button. OK, one more hint: the real answers are the ones displayed the first time. Come on, try again, think outside the box. I know u can. Anybody?

Anyway, I'm just thinking if in the future all exams would be done on the web, and some teachers would play this trick to their students... Life would be more interesting eh?

Peace always,
    <jdenny>

Talking

Woohoo! I got it!
    Doesn't work with IE6, though. I'm installing NS7 tonight -- I'll tell you if it work under it.

Yes, I think a DOM tutorial would be great, assuming it's easy to understand. I've given up trying to find DOM web tutorials 'cause I can never make any sense out of them

hint... try to hack it... you have to exploit a bug in the software.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

Talking

Woohoo! I got it!
    Doesn't work with IE6, though. I'm installing NS7 tonight -- I'll tell you if it work under it.

Yes, I think a DOM tutorial would be great, assuming it's easy to understand. I've given up trying to find DOM web tutorials 'cause I can never make any sense out of them

hint... try to hack it... you have to exploit a bug in the software.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Yeppers... Works with NS7. Strange, though, the popup only loads properly with IE. NS6.2 and NS7 only pop an empty frame. Oh well, I hate those popups anyway...

Yeppers... Works with NS7. Strange, though, the popup only loads properly with IE. NS6.2 and NS7 only pop an empty frame. Oh well, I hate those popups anyway...