Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Save Mother Earth

Thumbs up Save Mother Earth

Hello friends,

Yesterday i was going through the site spacedaily.I found an article titled 'Ozone hole shrinking: Australian scientists'.It was a nice read.The article said that the hole would be nil by ten years if we implement strict protocols.I just thought about it and found that we could also contribute for saving our planet.Here at AO there are almost 40,000 members from different regions of the world.We are a large community that could really do something on this matter.We can reduce the use of Ozone eating gases such as CFC which are largely used in AC's in cars and in old refrigerators.We can make people aware of this.We can use ozone friendly sprays and perfumes.Not only just save ozone we can also do something to reduce global warmimg which is going to swallow according to scientists the whole coastal regions by 2050.We can plant trees and reduce the green house gases.I got a small plant in my room as a part of this.We will have to do it first before making others do it.So lets take a pledge to make our Mother Earth a better place to live in.More ideas are welcome.Think about it.

Thumbs up Save Mother Earth

Hello friends,

Yesterday i was going through the site spacedaily.I found an article titled 'Ozone hole shrinking: Australian scientists'.It was a nice read.The article said that the hole would be nil by ten years if we implement strict protocols.I just thought about it and found that we could also contribute for saving our planet.Here at AO there are almost 40,000 members from different regions of the world.We are a large community that could really do something on this matter.We can reduce the use of Ozone eating gases such as CFC which are largely used in AC's in cars and in old refrigerators.We can make people aware of this.We can use ozone friendly sprays and perfumes.Not only just save ozone we can also do something to reduce global warmimg which is going to swallow according to scientists the whole coastal regions by 2050.We can plant trees and reduce the green house gases.I got a small plant in my room as a part of this.We will have to do it first before making others do it.So lets take a pledge to make our Mother Earth a better place to live in.More ideas are welcome.Think about it.

In europe, there are no CFC containing disposable products available anymore.

And did you know that printers and copiers produce ozone from oxygen??
    That's that special "copier smell".

Ozone (O3) is normaly produced in the sky from oxygen, I don't remember the process.
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

In europe, there are no CFC containing disposable products available anymore.

And did you know that printers and copiers produce ozone from oxygen??
    That's that special "copier smell".

Ozone (O3) is normaly produced in the sky from oxygen, I don't remember the process.
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Ozone gets produced at the higher layers of the atmosphere by the interaction of sunlight and oxygen.Thanx for the extra info.

Ozone gets produced at the higher layers of the atmosphere by the interaction of sunlight and oxygen.Thanx for the extra info.

I am gonna try bonsai.Anybody has one ?

I am gonna try bonsai.Anybody has one ?

This post is a bit scientific, but this is the chit-chat forum, and I agee with Blackmask, so if it bores you, skip to the next post...

For those who don't know, and to the best of my knowledge, normal oxygen (the oxygen we breathe and incinerate our classified data with) is actually O^2, two atoms of oxygen (O-) bonded together. A free radical of oxygen (that is, an atom by itself) has a nefative charge -- it is missing an electron. Normally two atoms will bond together and share one electron between the two, producing a neutral charge. But because oxygen (O^2) is lighter than air it rises. At a specific altitude (I'm not sure which), it stops rising as the air around it becomes lighter too. At this height, the high energy of the UV rays cause free radicals of O- to become excited. They
    collide and bond with O^2 molecules; now three atoms are sharing the same outer (valence) electron. The UV rays also keep the molecule in a high-energy state which allows it to remain as O^3. This creation of ozone is what absorbs UV rays. At low altitudes, there is simply not enough UV rays to create ozone and/or keep it in its O^3 state. Some things do create it, however; lightning and lighter sparks from the electrtical activity cause the electrical charge of the O^2 molecules to go all wacky and do weird things, like creating ozone (smell the sparks from a lighter (NOT A ZIPPO!)... they smell remarkably like a lightning storm). I would imagine a copier creates it because of the electrostatic charge required to direct the ink to the right spots on the paper. If I am mistaken please correct me.
    note: ^ has been used in the absence of superscript
    This might be off topic on a security website, but a little UFI (useless f***ing info.) is good for the ego now and again.

Here's another idea: in my city, there is nothing, I repeat, nothing that cannot be recycled. I imagine the same is most in most other places in the world. Canada produces more garbage per capita than any other country in the world (the U.S. comes second), and It sickens me to see how much garbage people here lay out on the curb every week, only to complain when the dump gets moved to thier backyard 10 years later. Our city just implemented a three bag per week limit. It nearly started a civil war. Somehow, though, my family produces maybe half a garbage bag a week (might have something to do with our 6 recycling bins outside and 3 in the kitchen). So don't tell me that it's not possible. The sad truth is that it is, and people are just too lazy to change.

just my 2¢...
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

This post is a bit scientific, but this is the chit-chat forum, and I agee with Blackmask, so if it bores you, skip to the next post...

For those who don't know, and to the best of my knowledge, normal oxygen (the oxygen we breathe and incinerate our classified data with) is actually O^2, two atoms of oxygen (O-) bonded together. A free radical of oxygen (that is, an atom by itself) has a nefative charge -- it is missing an electron. Normally two atoms will bond together and share one electron between the two, producing a neutral charge. But because oxygen (O^2) is lighter than air it rises. At a specific altitude (I'm not sure which), it stops rising as the air around it becomes lighter too. At this height, the high energy of the UV rays cause free radicals of O- to become excited. They
    collide and bond with O^2 molecules; now three atoms are sharing the same outer (valence) electron. The UV rays also keep the molecule in a high-energy state which allows it to remain as O^3. This creation of ozone is what absorbs UV rays. At low altitudes, there is simply not enough UV rays to create ozone and/or keep it in its O^3 state. Some things do create it, however; lightning and lighter sparks from the electrtical activity cause the electrical charge of the O^2 molecules to go all wacky and do weird things, like creating ozone (smell the sparks from a lighter (NOT A ZIPPO!)... they smell remarkably like a lightning storm). I would imagine a copier creates it because of the electrostatic charge required to direct the ink to the right spots on the paper. If I am mistaken please correct me.
    note: ^ has been used in the absence of superscript
    This might be off topic on a security website, but a little UFI (useless f***ing info.) is good for the ego now and again.

Here's another idea: in my city, there is nothing, I repeat, nothing that cannot be recycled. I imagine the same is most in most other places in the world. Canada produces more garbage per capita than any other country in the world (the U.S. comes second), and It sickens me to see how much garbage people here lay out on the curb every week, only to complain when the dump gets moved to thier backyard 10 years later. Our city just implemented a three bag per week limit. It nearly started a civil war. Somehow, though, my family produces maybe half a garbage bag a week (might have something to do with our 6 recycling bins outside and 3 in the kitchen). So don't tell me that it's not possible. The sad truth is that it is, and people are just too lazy to change.

just my 2¢...
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!