Thread: site suggestion

site suggestion

I have read many comments about senseless postings which don't pertain to security or even to computers I think any topic is open field in general chit-chat. and if you don't like them just don't read them.But I do agree with those of you who are very well versed in security ,etc. Why don't you make a portion of this site private for only longtime knowledgeable people would that be agreeable ?I don't know how you would do this, but it would certainly pertain only to what you would like to see posted. Perhaps you senior members could moderate the other sections by rotation still giving you a chance to interact with those a lot less learned they would still have access to someone who knew what he or she was talking about. Only a suggestion nothing else.Auntie
    For hundreds of years the brain was physically capable of the thoughts of a Galelio or an Aristotle among people who had not yet learned to count to ten. Much of that equipment is still unused and waiting.

site suggestion

I have read many comments about senseless postings which don't pertain to security or even to computers I think any topic is open field in general chit-chat. and if you don't like them just don't read them.But I do agree with those of you who are very well versed in security ,etc. Why don't you make a portion of this site private for only longtime knowledgeable people would that be agreeable ?I don't know how you would do this, but it would certainly pertain only to what you would like to see posted. Perhaps you senior members could moderate the other sections by rotation still giving you a chance to interact with those a lot less learned they would still have access to someone who knew what he or she was talking about. Only a suggestion nothing else.Auntie
    For hundreds of years the brain was physically capable of the thoughts of a Galelio or an Aristotle among people who had not yet learned to count to ten. Much of that equipment is still unused and waiting.

there is...it's the Addict forum.....you get in once you become an Antionline Addict.
    Any way.....Have a nice Friday

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

there is...it's the Addict forum.....you get in once you become an Antionline Addict.
    Any way.....Have a nice Friday

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

There are no easy solution to this so called problem.

It's in the human nature to be upset over things and only if people stopped whine and complain over everything would this be a better place (its still a good place). If it's not flame wars or AP whining is it about something else. I guess it's only to live with it, we are many people here and there will always be something "in the air" to heat up the discussions.

One possible solution would be to have AO more personalized, that way could everybody have options to hide or filter out topics/forums and perhaps have a customized frontpage which showed the topics he/she/it do like and filter out the rest. Will this happen ? Only JP knows the future of AO and its all in his hands.

IMO this is probably a never ending story so I will rest my case for now .

And to all at AO have a nice weekend.

~micael

There are no easy solution to this so called problem.

It's in the human nature to be upset over things and only if people stopped whine and complain over everything would this be a better place (its still a good place). If it's not flame wars or AP whining is it about something else. I guess it's only to live with it, we are many people here and there will always be something "in the air" to heat up the discussions.

One possible solution would be to have AO more personalized, that way could everybody have options to hide or filter out topics/forums and perhaps have a customized frontpage which showed the topics he/she/it do like and filter out the rest. Will this happen ? Only JP knows the future of AO and its all in his hands.

IMO this is probably a never ending story so I will rest my case for now .

And to all at AO have a nice weekend.

~micael