Thread: redhat ftpserver

redhat ftpserver

hi, i was wondering if there was a ftpserver that came bundled with redhat7.2 distribution.
    also, if anyone could recommend a good gui ftp server for redhat that is easy to set up and get going for someone who doesnt have much linux know-how. i just installed 7.2 and i did look around and found several ftp clients but no server.

thanks.
    if you can\'t wear the skin of a lion wear the skin of a fox

redhat ftpserver

hi, i was wondering if there was a ftpserver that came bundled with redhat7.2 distribution.
    also, if anyone could recommend a good gui ftp server for redhat that is easy to set up and get going for someone who doesnt have much linux know-how. i just installed 7.2 and i did look around and found several ftp clients but no server.

thanks.
    if you can\'t wear the skin of a lion wear the skin of a fox

Senior since the 3 dot era
    You can install RH 7.2 with the option what the box should do. For instance samba server or webserver or firewall or desktop. Just choose custom install options

Senior since the 3 dot era
    You can install RH 7.2 with the option what the box should do. For instance samba server or webserver or firewall or desktop. Just choose custom install options

RedHat 7.2 should come with an FTP server. If not you can download the rpm version from rpmfind.net and install it through command line.

The first thing you will want to do is to see if an FTP server is already installed. You can do this by doing the following from command line.

rpm -qa | grep ftp

If you don't see wu-ftpd listed, an FTP server is most likely not installed.

If wu-ftpd is not already installed you should be able to install it from the CD Rom or from the RPM from rpmfind.net. You can do it by doing the following.

mount /dev/cdrom
    cd /mnt/cdrom/RedHat/RPMS/
    rpm-iv wu-ftpd-2.8.1.i386.rpm (this may be different for you)
    umount /dev/cdrom

Good luck!

RedHat 7.2 should come with an FTP server. If not you can download the rpm version from rpmfind.net and install it through command line.

The first thing you will want to do is to see if an FTP server is already installed. You can do this by doing the following from command line.

rpm -qa | grep ftp

If you don't see wu-ftpd listed, an FTP server is most likely not installed.

If wu-ftpd is not already installed you should be able to install it from the CD Rom or from the RPM from rpmfind.net. You can do it by doing the following.

mount /dev/cdrom
    cd /mnt/cdrom/RedHat/RPMS/
    rpm-iv wu-ftpd-2.8.1.i386.rpm (this may be different for you)
    umount /dev/cdrom

Good luck!