Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CD Hidden Track Problem

Banned

Question CD Hidden Track Problem

I bought a cd the other day... turns out the damn thing can't be played on my puter.
    Another cd I bought can only be played (on my puter) with the special player it comes with.

I don't really have a problem with that (although it IS violating Philips' original idea of what a CD should be, and I am allowed to make one personal copy of any cd I bought, which is impossible with those two).

Now here's another problem I faced the other day: a normal cd starts at 01 01 00:00.
    I have this cd though with a 'hidden' track. You probably all know hidden tracks, which are most of the time placed at the end of the cd. All you have to do is use your fast-forward-button and you can hear the song. Ripping the song is as easy as ripping a normal track.
    Not with this cd: the hidden track is ermm.. hidden... BEFORE the first track, so I have to fast-REWIND for quite some time to hear the track. Doesn't bother me THAT much, but I wanted to rip the track anyways... Any suggestions?

This is the album I'm talking about btw...

Banned

Question CD Hidden Track Problem

I bought a cd the other day... turns out the damn thing can't be played on my puter.
    Another cd I bought can only be played (on my puter) with the special player it comes with.

I don't really have a problem with that (although it IS violating Philips' original idea of what a CD should be, and I am allowed to make one personal copy of any cd I bought, which is impossible with those two).

Now here's another problem I faced the other day: a normal cd starts at 01 01 00:00.
    I have this cd though with a 'hidden' track. You probably all know hidden tracks, which are most of the time placed at the end of the cd. All you have to do is use your fast-forward-button and you can hear the song. Ripping the song is as easy as ripping a normal track.
    Not with this cd: the hidden track is ermm.. hidden... BEFORE the first track, so I have to fast-REWIND for quite some time to hear the track. Doesn't bother me THAT much, but I wanted to rip the track anyways... Any suggestions?

This is the album I'm talking about btw...

Why not see if you can download it? I know it's not a solution...just a way around it
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

Why not see if you can download it? I know it's not a solution...just a way around it
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

Lightbulb hmmm

hmmm, i hope this helps, but when i make a copy of a cd or want to add a track, one of the things i do is : for example in windows, use windows explorer and look threw the cd in that and pull whatever i want from there, it lists all the songs and so far its also listed hidden tracks, windows media player 7 usually lets you look threw the cd contents to so you can add them to your library and if that doesnt let you for some reason real one player should let you from http://www.real.com the free realone player does fine (im surely not paying for something like this...even though i prolly would) but anyway hope this helps you out, iv had problems like this before but a lil tinkering with explorer and media players will hopefully work out for you.

Lightbulb hmmm

hmmm, i hope this helps, but when i make a copy of a cd or want to add a track, one of the things i do is : for example in windows, use windows explorer and look threw the cd in that and pull whatever i want from there, it lists all the songs and so far its also listed hidden tracks, windows media player 7 usually lets you look threw the cd contents to so you can add them to your library and if that doesnt let you for some reason real one player should let you from http://www.real.com the free realone player does fine (im surely not paying for something like this...even though i prolly would) but anyway hope this helps you out, iv had problems like this before but a lil tinkering with explorer and media players will hopefully work out for you.

Banned
    Windows Explorer comes up with this:
    an Autorun.inf file (which starts pcload.exe)
    an icon-file
    and pcload.exe (a little proggy that takes you the website).
    There's no tracks to be seen anywhere...
    WinAmp doesn't see the track, neither do MediaPlayer or RealPlayer...

Mahakaal: trust me, I've tried your suggestion already

Banned
    Windows Explorer comes up with this:
    an Autorun.inf file (which starts pcload.exe)
    an icon-file
    and pcload.exe (a little proggy that takes you the website).
    There's no tracks to be seen anywhere...
    WinAmp doesn't see the track, neither do MediaPlayer or RealPlayer...

Mahakaal: trust me, I've tried your suggestion already

Senior since the 3 dot era
    Negative your (real expensive) solution -> get yourself a Marantz professional studio CD recorder. Those things can make direct digital copies of digital sources, this way they skip most of the copy protections. I know they did with the early protections. But that's not the answer you want to hear.
    And indeed the cd you mention should not wear the label CD since it's not compatible with the compact disc standard. In short it isn't even a CD

Senior since the 3 dot era
    Negative your (real expensive) solution -> get yourself a Marantz professional studio CD recorder. Those things can make direct digital copies of digital sources, this way they skip most of the copy protections. I know they did with the early protections. But that's not the answer you want to hear.
    And indeed the cd you mention should not wear the label CD since it's not compatible with the compact disc standard. In short it isn't even a CD