XFree86 shared memory

Thread: XFree86 shared memory

XFree86 shared memory

List of those Vulnerable available here

Systems with System V shared memory capabilities appear to have a problem wherein a local user can leverage read and write access to any shared memory segment. Potential risk is leveraging privileges. From what I can Tell this is only a local exploit, but it could be bad.
    Brief description is taken from and available here

Solution information is available here

For those of you running *nix systems wherein multiple users have access your machines, get your systems patched.

Regards.
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"

XFree86 shared memory

List of those Vulnerable available here

Systems with System V shared memory capabilities appear to have a problem wherein a local user can leverage read and write access to any shared memory segment. Potential risk is leveraging privileges. From what I can Tell this is only a local exploit, but it could be bad.
    Brief description is taken from and available here

Solution information is available here

For those of you running *nix systems wherein multiple users have access your machines, get your systems patched.

Regards.
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"