Thread: AO's Afilliations?!

AO's Afilliations?!

This thread is based on
    http://news.com.com/2100-1017-242685...e.1002.thed.ni
    (soory if i messed up the link)

Well anyway, i had always thought of AO as a "refuge from day to day imcompetency", but today i read this article in the link above that basically said that this site wasnt a white hat hacker site any longer, maybe i misread the article, but it said that this site was turning in people who performed "cybercrime" and such.
    I havent noticed this site acting like that is that why so many people r getting banned and why so many people who speak out about JP getting banned? Im not trying to be rude but this is a legitamate and in my opinion a fair question about the working of this site Im just curious, but does AO log and what does it not log?
    Like i said previously i love this site but what r its policys and such concerning privacy and cooperating with authorities and the FBI? Am i being monitored by the police or FBI just because i had some questions and because i was curious and eager to learn more about the fascinating field of computer security? I also reconize that this site supports such activities as Defcon and others, doesnt that mean it supports hacking, at least white hat hackers such as myself (i even try to help my schools's security!) and many other loyal members of this site?
    these r just a few of my questions, and i dont mean to put down JP because i have great respect for him if not him personally, then only for his superior skills, but i also respect black hat hackers for their knoledge even though they use their skills to destroy and tear down. JP, you responding to this thread and clarification, would be greatly appreciated! But like i said i dont mean to put down JP in any way im just curious about the above topics please feel free to respond and again im sorry to say im not going to have acess to AO till next saturday. I will however be checking my email every day so feel free to email me personally at knoledgesponge@yahoo.com Thanks!!!

i noticed that i received negative antipoints because the source article was two years old, well their right it is 2 years old but if the info is online, i think JP would have either corrected (and i do relise that he cant correct other peoples sites!) it or stated nex t to the link that the info on it is invalid

AO's Afilliations?!

This thread is based on
    http://news.com.com/2100-1017-242685...e.1002.thed.ni
    (soory if i messed up the link)

Well anyway, i had always thought of AO as a "refuge from day to day imcompetency", but today i read this article in the link above that basically said that this site wasnt a white hat hacker site any longer, maybe i misread the article, but it said that this site was turning in people who performed "cybercrime" and such.
    I havent noticed this site acting like that is that why so many people r getting banned and why so many people who speak out about JP getting banned? Im not trying to be rude but this is a legitamate and in my opinion a fair question about the working of this site Im just curious, but does AO log and what does it not log?
    Like i said previously i love this site but what r its policys and such concerning privacy and cooperating with authorities and the FBI? Am i being monitored by the police or FBI just because i had some questions and because i was curious and eager to learn more about the fascinating field of computer security? I also reconize that this site supports such activities as Defcon and others, doesnt that mean it supports hacking, at least white hat hackers such as myself (i even try to help my schools's security!) and many other loyal members of this site?
    these r just a few of my questions, and i dont mean to put down JP because i have great respect for him if not him personally, then only for his superior skills, but i also respect black hat hackers for their knoledge even though they use their skills to destroy and tear down. JP, you responding to this thread and clarification, would be greatly appreciated! But like i said i dont mean to put down JP in any way im just curious about the above topics please feel free to respond and again im sorry to say im not going to have acess to AO till next saturday. I will however be checking my email every day so feel free to email me personally at knoledgesponge@yahoo.com Thanks!!!

i noticed that i received negative antipoints because the source article was two years old, well their right it is 2 years old but if the info is online, i think JP would have either corrected (and i do relise that he cant correct other peoples sites!) it or stated nex t to the link that the info on it is invalid