Thread: netware chknull problems

Question netware chknull problems

im currently running a novell netware 4.x security test at tafe for an assignment and ive tried to use a nifty little tool called chknull. what it does is it will check all usernames on the network to see if their password is blank or is equal to their username. when i run this program it doesnt seem to do anything. now the program hasnt crashed, it is running on the correct ver of windows and netware. the only thing i can think of would be that this program doesnt show progress and there is a huge amount of users on the wire. can anyone tell me how i can check weather its working or how to make it work???
    If you can cheat and get away with it you deserve to win

Question netware chknull problems

im currently running a novell netware 4.x security test at tafe for an assignment and ive tried to use a nifty little tool called chknull. what it does is it will check all usernames on the network to see if their password is blank or is equal to their username. when i run this program it doesnt seem to do anything. now the program hasnt crashed, it is running on the correct ver of windows and netware. the only thing i can think of would be that this program doesnt show progress and there is a huge amount of users on the wire. can anyone tell me how i can check weather its working or how to make it work???

well i'm not quite sure what the problem is. I have run the program before and it worked for me. Try running it from a command line. Are you the admin of this network?

well i'm not quite sure what the problem is. I have run the program before and it worked for me. Try running it from a command line. Are you the admin of this network?

im not the admin and i am running it from command line.. n e other ideas??

im not the admin and i am running it from command line.. n e other ideas??

Just a guess - chknull is an old one which used to work on nw 3.x. Has it been updated to work with non bindery systems? NW 4.x can use the bindery or directory services.

Just a guess - chknull is an old one which used to work on nw 3.x. Has it been updated to work with non bindery systems? NW 4.x can use the bindery or directory services.