Thread: Squirrelmail HEEELLLPPP!

Exclamation Squirrelmail HEEELLLPPP!

I need help for a mail server called" Squerrelmail". It is written on PHP4 and do not need any sort of DB(DataBase). There is a little problem : i can not find how to create users , and for that reason the mail turns to unusable. There is a nice LogIn screen, but there is not a SignUp one.... If anyone uses that mail server , please help me to make it work properly. PLEASE HEELLLPP!

Greatings from Bulgaria!

I don't use the program but I found this , it has several spots on the page for support, bugs, patches and feature requests. Maybe you'll find your answer there.

Or if that doesn't help you can peruse these pages and maybe find your answer.

http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/Squ...AndCourierIMap

This assumes you are trying to setup SquirrelMail for local user access. Eg, SquirrelMail mail users have valid unix accounts on the box, and they will be using their unix name and password to login.

what are you using for imap
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Yeah, I run my own mailserver and everything off this crummy box, and creating users is what a problem was. One time I once created a user and they complained to me that when they sent mail, too many errors popped up and it was hard for me to fix it. If you don't like squirrel mail after awhile, try going for another mailserver that would work for you. A popular one I like is the SmartMail program, which is pretty simple, efficient, and creating users is easy as anything.
    Space For Rent.. =]

I am using CourierImap. I've made some users on my machine, but notting happened, and i still can not log even with them on the mail server

I think I'll try SmatMail offered by Spyder32

Smile

thanks for the help. I'm now using CommuniGate Pro and all i runnig ok. Thanks agin. And my best wishes to all!