Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSN Logon question

MSN Logon question

ok i got a question, i think this is the forum for this ? but if not sorry. Anyways, to the point, i got an e-machine about 6 months ago and got a free year of MSN. OK i have a comp in my room though, i got some of the dial up #s, got my password and log in stuff and made a new connection on the other comp(i use windows ME on that comp btw) and dialed in a it said i had the wrong password and told me to try again. I'm positive it was right. Well on my e-machine when i log in it opens a program i think when i dial in and the window is blue or something. Is it possible that you have to have a program to dial and log into MSN. Could someone please help me out? Thanks

MSN Logon question

ok i got a question, i think this is the forum for this ? but if not sorry. Anyways, to the point, i got an e-machine about 6 months ago and got a free year of MSN. OK i have a comp in my room though, i got some of the dial up #s, got my password and log in stuff and made a new connection on the other comp(i use windows ME on that comp btw) and dialed in a it said i had the wrong password and told me to try again. I'm positive it was right. Well on my e-machine when i log in it opens a program i think when i dial in and the window is blue or something. Is it possible that you have to have a program to dial and log into MSN. Could someone please help me out? Thanks

could you be more specific as to what programs you are trying to connect with?

could you be more specific as to what programs you are trying to connect with?

I'm assuming your trying to make a dial up networking connection. It will work but when you put in your username you have to put an MSN/ before it. i.e. if your username is bob you would put in MSN/bob .. and just put in your password as normal. I used to do tech support for MSN and this was a very common question.

-gunder

I'm assuming your trying to make a dial up networking connection. It will work but when you put in your username you have to put an MSN/ before it. i.e. if your username is bob you would put in MSN/bob .. and just put in your password as normal. I used to do tech support for MSN and this was a very common question.

-gunder

Thank you very much..!

I've always had this question. Because when I tried to connect to MSN via dial up without using MSN explorer(the software to connect MSN), it always said that my ID or password is incorrect. I called MSN customer support before and the person said I MUST use MSN explorer to connect MSN. So, I gave up.
    Now, when I put MSN/ in front of my ID, it worked. This is good. Because if I used MSN explorer, I had to use only this MSN ID in MSN Messenger. I couldn't use other e-mail account ID in MSN Messenger if I used MSN explorer.
    Now I can switch between e-mail account ID's in MSN messenger.
    Thank you gunder for answering this post!!!
    Thank you blindkornkid8 for asking this question!!

Thank you very much..!

I've always had this question. Because when I tried to connect to MSN via dial up without using MSN explorer(the software to connect MSN), it always said that my ID or password is incorrect. I called MSN customer support before and the person said I MUST use MSN explorer to connect MSN. So, I gave up.
    Now, when I put MSN/ in front of my ID, it worked. This is good. Because if I used MSN explorer, I had to use only this MSN ID in MSN Messenger. I couldn't use other e-mail account ID in MSN Messenger if I used MSN explorer.
    Now I can switch between e-mail account ID's in MSN messenger.
    Thank you gunder for answering this post!!!
    Thank you blindkornkid8 for asking this question!!

no problem, glad I could help. I would advise everyon on MSN to connect this way cause damn the MSN is a huge memory hog. And it's unstable as hell (when I worked there anyway).

-gunder

no problem, glad I could help. I would advise everyon on MSN to connect this way cause damn the MSN is a huge memory hog. And it's unstable as hell (when I worked there anyway).

-gunder