Dev-C++, the Integrated Development Enviroment I use, comes with the GNU binutils, windres for the resource editor and Mingw32 for a 32 bit C/C++ compiler. My operating system is Windows, as windres is a resource compiler for windows that runs from the command line. Dev-CPP seems to have incorporated windres into the enviroment in such a way that you cant just turn it off and use your own resource compiler.

I am not at all happy with the syntax that windres uses, I have strugled hours trying to figure out why my programs would not compile and it all came down to windres not likeing my syntax.

As a result I found a replacement called gorc which is useualy used with the godevtools at www.godevtool.com for assembly programing, however since gorc is a stand alone command line resource compiler that can produce both res and coff object files, given a rc file, and has simple syntax, I would like to stop useing windres and start useing gorc

However I am more comfterable with a IDE, thats why I use dev-c++ so instead of useing DOS every time i want to compiule my rc file, it would be nice if I can have dev-c++ do it for me. I looked at the help files included, I even looked at project options, tool options and enviroment options, as well as devcpp.ini initialization file. I cant seem to figure out how I can stop devcpp from useing windres and use gorc instead.

I thought of replaceing windres.exe with gorc.exe since they both have nearly identical command line options, but this one command line switch, -O does not seem to be suported by gorc, instead gorc uses the smaller -o to spesify your object output and it by default produces res and coff files.

Does anyone know how I can make the switch from windres to gorc painlessly?