Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Xp full of bugs

Xp full of bugs

Why is it that Win XP has so many bugs in it? I mean they say that this OS is suppose to be advanced but it isnt. Microsoft seriously needs to sit down and determine which direction that they should be taking. Are they going to develope better operating systems? or are they just going to keep doing worse. Win Xp was suppose to be better than Win 2k but for some reason it turned out to be really bad. If any body out there disagrees I'm sorry but this is how i feel. I hope you guys do not get take any offense to this post. If anybody agree i will be morer than happy to hear from you becasue i know other people out there feels the same way i do.

Xp full of bugs

Why is it that Win XP has so many bugs in it? I mean they say that this OS is suppose to be advanced but it isnt. Microsoft seriously needs to sit down and determine which direction that they should be taking. Are they going to develope better operating systems? or are they just going to keep doing worse. Win Xp was suppose to be better than Win 2k but for some reason it turned out to be really bad. If any body out there disagrees I'm sorry but this is how i feel. I hope you guys do not get take any offense to this post. If anybody agree i will be morer than happy to hear from you becasue i know other people out there feels the same way i do.

Cool

yea i feel that everything coming from m$ is getting worse and worse...they used to be just plain bad...then terrible...and now they want to own you and your system...... jus a little hint, go open source and forget waiting around for m$ to get their act together, cuz they WON'T! lol jus pick up some sort of bsd, unix, or linux distro...whichever fits your needs cuz chances are good that atleast 100 will come close and quit a few will fit about 99.999999999999999999999999999999% to your needs, if not perfect.... i recommend RedHat, but it's open source and there are billions of different setups to choose from, so whatever floats ur boat c ya

i'll have to partly disagree with you there, sorry
    XP home i've heard is rather 'junky' but pro is the one to be getting, only thing is that you need a decent computer to get any decent stable performance out of it, for me it has been their best o/s yet, only thing that is annoying is this product activation junk, its just another cost to bear on top of buying the stuff in the first place

ive never used win2K on any of my machines so I wouldnt really know from my personal point of view, but i have used it on uni computers, yes it was stable and quick but didnt have the added functionality that XP pro gives

I installed XP,and shortly after went right back to Win 2k.XP just didn't work out for me.I'd prefer to do away with M$ products all together,but I have a starband DSL and the mission control software isn't compatible with anything but Windowz.I have Mandrake on my other box though,andf it's great.I think I'll be switching to Redhat soon though.
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

Old Fart
    I really haven't had any problems with XP (pro version), and I've been running it since before the release date over a year ago. I've had the odd app or so freeze up on me (easily remedied by ending the app via taskmanager) but other than that, I have no gripes with WinXP. No frozen system, no 'blue screen of death', no problems with the OS itself. I can leave it running for weeks on end and it responds just like it did 5 minutes after I booted it up. Yeah, I know it's big and bulky compared to Linux but so what? I've got a system that handles it easily enough and have resources to spare. If I had to gripe about anything, it would be the fact that some older apps and games won't run under XP...but I've always got the option of running another version of Windows (and no...I'm not THAT desperate) or whatever if I so choose. Linux is a great OS (based on my limited experience with it...I can't find drivers for my DSL modem) but I can't bring myself to call it more secure than Win XP just yet either. Actually, none of us can really make that call until Linux is as widely used as Win is because until that happens, Win is going to be the primary target for hackers and kiddies alike and thus be more prone to have shortcomings exposed.

Just to clarify, I am NOT anti-Linux....I hope that Mr Torvalds 'offspring' blows M$ out of the water ASAP. I am saying that if you get the right flavor, Win XP may actually surprise you. I know it sure shocked the crap out of me.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

I've been running xp home and my wife xp pro since February. In that time, I've suffered one freeze and she's had one. For MS, that's a pretty good track record. I even managed to get their SP1 downloaded and installed without a hitch which I considered a real feat.

Overall, I'm happy with it, and even more so since I got all their little "things" disabled, such as auto update, windows messenger, and a few other things that allow them to help make my computing experience better. I prefer to manage my own "experience."

XP with SP1 home installed works quite nicely. I admit there were quite a number of times I experienced that blue-screen situation where I had to restart the machine, but otherwise my XP machine enjoys quite a fair run of uptime, and its been a long time since I had to restart the machine when I didn't want to. SP1 really has improved things it seems (or so it seems).
    Ah well...I\'m back on AntiOnline!

XP (home) works fine with me too. Can't even remember when it last fatally crashed.
    jus pick up some sort of bsd, unix, or linux distro...whichever fits your needs cuz chances are good that atleast 100 will come close and quit a few will fit about 99.999999999999999999999999999999% to your needs, if not perfect....
    I have to disagree with lloydr here... If one wants to play games, Windows is the only alternative. Sad but true. The gamehouses won't port their games for Linux because not much enough people use it and people don't use Linux because there's no games for it. Might be because Linux is missing a standard like DirectX.
    If you are happy with XBoing, XTetris and those, then Linux is a good option...
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

i have an XP home box @ home and an XP pro box @ work.
    my pro box i've had to reload the OS three times now due to degradation. it crashes constantly, will not end task when told, takes at least 3 minutes for a log on, often takes as long opening files off the network. when i reload the OS doing a clean install, it will be fine for a week but after that it starts with the bad again. every time i update to sp1 but no changes.
    my home machine on the other hand, after a few trial and errors, i got running perfectly. go fig. that os is supposed to be based on ME which is absolutly atrocious!
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?