Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Xp full of bugs

I installed XP on my laptop about 6 months ago and as to date has yet to crash or freeze on me <knock on wood>. There were a few programs that wouldn't run on XP home edition but I'll trade that for the stability this release has brought to me. I also have a linux mandrake desktop computer set up next to my laptop. Whenever there is something windows can't handle, I know it won't be a problem for linux.

I've been using XP Pro on an old Pentium 2 333mhz with only 128mb of RAM on it. It's running just fine and has had no problems since I installed it.

It's got 182 days of uptime right now, and the only reason it had to be rebooted then was because the keyboard I had was a piece of junk that kept locking up. Oh and this machine I'm talking about gets used on a regular basis and hard at that

El Diablo

I think XP Pro is really good, ok there are some Hardware issues and it is quite a hog on the system...but it's stabile as a rock....and fairly secure....

oh well.....my 2 cent's
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

I am happy to see that somebody is at lease getting good results for win XP. It is stable and can stay on for a long time without rebooting, but where my problem is coming from is it not being able to run a lot of programs. I mensioned this a while ago when you moved a file from the directory it used to be in, you will continously get error messages such as the main module not found. That is where my problem is coming from. I have to agree with you guys other than that it is pretty stable and runs pretty well. It just has too manu bugs for me to deal with if i can't run my files then there is no reason to have that OS on my box. Thanks a lot everyone for bringing your experiences and thoughts. I will stil like to hear from other people out there.

Wot??.....um I think ther's something wrrong with you'r XP...coz that doesn't happen to me.
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

I know now i am starting to think that i am the only one this happens to. I mean everybody is having a good time with their XP and i am the one company and mad. Even though i have a right to be mad because i paid a lot of money for this OS and i feel like MS ripped me off. So if you guys are having a good time with your XP keep doing so. I know there are other people that feels the same or got the same deal with their Xp i'm just not hearing from them on a couple. If you hear other peoples experience you will then understand why i am mad. Because i am not the only one that happens to. I don't have anything against MS other than i feel like they are ripping me off. I don't know about u you guys but that is what i think. i still want to hear from other people. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

All aside, everyone knows that DOS was Microsoft's best Product (ever!)
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

well I haven't had any software problems, and there is a TON of stuff installed on that machine.

BUT I do know of others that are having those problems, so I think I'm in the minority. I know of one huge network that is not using XP because of the compatability issues with the software that is present on that network. When I say huge I mean in the hundreds of thousands of computers.

El Diablo

"All aside, everyone knows that DOS was Microsoft's best Product (ever!)"

Dos wasnt a microsoft product until they bought it.......
    just my .02
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

Microsoft bought dos from a guy at seattle computer products called q-dos (quick dirty Operating System) it was kinda like vp\m and bill bought it from him cause IBM wanted something to run on there PC so bill gates bought it and named it MS-dos (Microsoft Disk Operating System) and for my two pennies, what about when they were selling Xenix? Microsofts own UNIX flavor? lol sorry. needed to pop that in