Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Xp full of bugs

XP is good, but at the same time it is bad. I mean from security holes like crazy to updates on almost a daily basis. I agree the OS is extremly stable and very reliable, i mean i have setup many test enviroments and actually tried to make XP crash. the most i can get was an app to hang and that was easily remidied. I would say if only they could make it smaller and less vulnerable it would be a charm. I have also tried LUnix Redhad on the same machines i was testing xp on and they responded the same. Actually xp booted up quicker and was up and ready before my lunix machines came up. Lunix tended to hang a little longer but never crashed. Both machines i have left on for about 30 days and when i wake them up, the xp always seems to wake up quicker from its sleep than lunix. Both good OS but XP is what mainstream buisness are using and till lunix gets the fame it needs to impact the buisness line will it become a major player in this os race.....ahhhh done..
    LAUGH NOW! For Who LAUGHS LAST LAUGHS BEST!!!!!

I definitely agree that if MS can make XP smaller and less vulnerable it would be a good OS. They need to work on the statues of the bugs that is found in their OS's. If they are coming out with anything new, i hope it has less bugs and is less vulnerable. Also eazy to work with and config. I think Bill Gates is doing this things on purpose. I think that he purposely puts the bugs or he knows that the bugs are in the OS and most of the times the bugs are there for a reason. Like somebody said, " When you delete your files or format they are not completely deleted you have to reboot your box for like 31 times to get the files of the box completely. Like i said earlier MS needs to sit down and think about their next move and how they can improve their OS's. People are seriously getting tired of all the errors and bugs that XP displays all the time. I don't think everybody is thinking like i am but they need to really think about their next move.

Yeah, that's a valid point, but sitting down and chatting won't do anything. The way they code there OS is a strong problem, because obviously there are too many bugs while coding. They need to stop going for a tighter or stronger look and focus on the security issues. I'm not sure the news story, but even a member of there own team admitted they had so many bugs. Now that's when you KNOW your doing something wrong. You also gotta keep in mind that he doesn't give a damn what is in the OS, the guy is rich (or get's richer) either way, buggy or not. It's sad, yet true.
    Space For Rent.. =]

You are definitelly correct i mean bill gates just sits on his butt and make money while we over getting operating systems that are full of bugs. Until we actually do something about this we he will never realize that we do not appreciate that. It seems that a lot of people likes Win XP and i am happy to hear that they are having a better time with than me. I just think that until somebody or company actually challenges MS and come out with something that is way better and threatens to run him out of business he will never realize that people want something that is less vulnerable and less bugs.

Originally posted here by ebo
    You are definitelly correct i mean bill gates just sits on his butt and make money while we over getting operating systems that are full of bugs. Until we actually do something about this we he will never realize that we do not appreciate that. It seems that a lot of people likes Win XP and i am happy to hear that they are having a better time with than me. I just think that until somebody or company actually challenges MS and come out with something that is way better and threatens to run him out of business he will never realize that people want something that is less vulnerable and less bugs.

Wtf?!?!?! Ever hear of Linux? Talk about something that challenges Microsoft, it Owns Microsoft. Any Linux distro (IMHO) would give M$ competition, any day! That's me though, I don't know about you people.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Linux is good but it does not have the kind of popularity that it needs to be really know and challenged. Linux is popular only by us people that are into computer security. Normal or regular users are not as drawn into Linux as we are. So until we can get those people out there to realize that Linux will run M$'s Win XP out of the window, Linux will always be less known and used by people out there.

Originally posted here by ebo
    Linux is good but it does not have the kind of popularity that it needs to be really know and challenged. Linux is popular only by us people that are into computer security. Normal or regular users are not as drawn into Linux as we are. So until we can get those people out there to realize that Linux will run M$'s Win XP out of the window, Linux will always be less known and used by people out there.
    Hrmm.. Ya might have a point, that's why it's opensource and that's why it's distributed widely. It is free (except S&H from what I know) and is worth the price of the $2.00 you pay for shipping and handling. It's more secure and stable then any M$ OS (IMHO) and is definitely the better OS (again, JMHO). Why would you pay so much for a buggy thing that isn't stable at all. I'll admit, it isn't as popular as M$, but that's why it is being advertised and that's why people like me tell people to try it out and I'll install it for them. Microsoft has contracts with all the main Computer companies (Dell, HP, Compaq, Gateway) and in that sense, all of their computers are set to have the latest version of Windows auto-installed on the computer. That's why It's good to tell people about Linux and to get them to give it a shot.
    Space For Rent.. =]

We can get this accomplaidhed with the help of many people telling ther frieds about linux and telling them to try it. I sound like i am trying to start something up but i'm not. I just think that people should get their moneys worth.

Heh, they should, and with M$ they don't. With Linux, all your paying is S&H for something which is more Stable and Secure. Talk about a no-brainer..
    Space For Rent.. =]

Give Linux a few more years. It's growing more popular by the day or week, and easier to operate. Remember, 90% of computer users want an OS they can turn on and not have to think about using. They don't want to have to type in anything, or if they download software, they want it to open automatically. They want to use the computer and not have to think. Turn it on, click on an icon and it's done.

I don't know how far Linux has come in recent years. I'm using a couple of years old version of Slack on an old 486 box that runs our home network, and that I play with when the wife isn't online. Surely, Linux has made huge advances in the last 2-3 yrs. Still, I doubt the ease of use is equal to windows yet, and when that's overcome, watch linux take off.