Thread: Remote Assistance

Remote Assistance

Ok I got this problem, on msn there is a thing called remote assistance and I know you guys know what is that but for the people that dont know is what lets you get in your friends computer to do something.... well thats what im trying to do but in msn only people with windows xp can do it and I have windows me and my friend has XP and he has a problem that he doesnt know how to do it and he needs my help we tried many times so I can connect inside his computer but the message said "The invitation from */\/\aX* to start using Remote Assistance is declined. You need to upgrade to Windows XP to use this feature." so my question is, is there another way to connect to my friends computer instead of using msn? can i download like a program or something as easy as the remote assistance in msn?

Please help

Thank you
    [glowpurple]LilDraganon the power of the @[/glowpurple]
    [glowpurple]I am the one who trains like a maniac to have the power to force his opponent body into the shape of a pretzel and gently pin him down to the mat so his mommy can come and cuttle him![/glowpurple]

Download a copy of VNC (Virtual Network Computing) at:

http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/

VNC works quite well over the internet and best of all it is freeware.
    If you receive something that says \'Send this to everyone you know,\' pretend you don\'t know me.

How does this work?
    [glowpurple]LilDraganon the power of the @[/glowpurple]
    [glowpurple]I am the one who trains like a maniac to have the power to force his opponent body into the shape of a pretzel and gently pin him down to the mat so his mommy can come and cuttle him![/glowpurple]

Radmin is also a good one.

It isn't freeware, but its is inexpensive and you don't have to pay up front to use it.

Click here to read more about it.

I've used it several times and it even allows ftp/telnet/etc.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Follow the link I posted in my first reply. Once there look to the left of the web page for the button labeled documentation. The University of Cambridge and AT&T have done a great job of explaining how this software works.
    If you receive something that says \'Send this to everyone you know,\' pretend you don\'t know me.