Thread: Free *NIX Shell (With IRC)

Free *NIX Shell (With IRC)

Does anyone know of a good FREE *nix shell server, with IRC access?
    I've been looking for a while, but all i can seem to find are ones that you have to pay for, one's without IRC, and one's that are free but require a "donation" before you can sign up.

any help would be appreciated.

Try out telnetting to nether.net I am pretty sure they allow IRC, and I know they're free.

Damn, when I got here I thought you were giving shell's with IRC. Oh well, anyways, you might want to search google for Free Shell's. You can also ask your ISP for one, or go to http://www.security-protocols.com and they have a list. Hope I helped!
    Space For Rent.. =]

Good luck with finding a decent shell hoster, its not a easy task at all. There always seems to be a catch. I'm not sure but you might want to check out rootshell.be for an account, they give you access to some intersting stuff to play with, but require you to use SSH to connect. If all else fails, just download or buy a version of linux had you have the ultimate personal shell!

I did a quick search on google and found this site ..

http://www.linuxbox.co.za/

I didn't read too much into it but it offers a free linux shell with BitchX (IRC). Hope that helps.

-gunder

Thanks for the effort guys. I've heard about nether.net before, but for some reason i can never connect to it. that security-protocols web site doesn't seem to exist, and the linuxbox server doesn't offer free IRC.

The Forest have a few friends used earlier, may be worth checking out.

~micael

For a good list of free *nix shell servers check out www.bylur.net/free/ I think you'll find something there!
    R3alTim3

rootshell is a good choice but u will get irc only after u give valid reasons.try it at rootshell.be