Thread: AOL DOS'd????

Question AOL DOS'd????

Just wondering about something... I sent out copies of my son's school picture to some friends and family the ones that use AOL didn't get delivered... This is what I got back from the mailer daemon...
    Your message was not delivered within 2 days. Host aol.com is not responding.
    Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem... Or knows if AOL got DOS'd...
    \"Nuts!\"- Commanding General 101st Airborne Division Dec 1944 in answer to German request that he surrender Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge
    Life has a certian flavor for those who have fought and risked it all that the sheltered and protected can never experience.- John Stewart Mill
    White, Hetrosexual, Christian male. I own guns, hunt, eat meat, burn wood, and my wife wears fur... Any questions?

Boy... I know AOL has some unusually slow email servers (likely b/c theyre probably scanning everything for virii, etc.) but.... two days?!?
    Analog = Classical
    Digital = Techno

It could AoL mail server was down, AoL servers were loaded, there might have been a local network problem (or server), or there might have been network problems between your ISP and AoL. There should have been detailed information in that email it sent back, and in that information, should be exactly what went wrong...

/nebulus
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

I have had people try to send me things from AOL, never to have gotten them. I swear AOL picks and choses what They want to allow to be sent and to whom.

Yeah, I doubt AOL was DoS'ed. However, it is a possiblity that the mail server was. Either that, or AOL's Mail really is crap! Hope everything get's solved though. You should try signing up for another mail service because I doubt AOL's is really all to good.
    Space For Rent.. =]

er0k
    aol just sucks bro... even hotmail is faster than that. just have people send you stuff to your aol address, and use something else to send... problem solved.

I don't use AOHell myself I use a local ISP and ATT... It was stuff I sent to AOL addresses that didn't get delivered... All the return email said was what I posted and that it couldn't find the AOL email servers...
    \"Nuts!\"- Commanding General 101st Airborne Division Dec 1944 in answer to German request that he surrender Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge
    Life has a certian flavor for those who have fought and risked it all that the sheltered and protected can never experience.- John Stewart Mill
    White, Hetrosexual, Christian male. I own guns, hunt, eat meat, burn wood, and my wife wears fur... Any questions?