Site Stats and Top 10 Posters

Thread: Site Stats and Top 10 Posters

Site Stats and Top 10 Posters

I wonder if we could reorganize the Top 10 posters list to list only active members on the site. I don't think banned members should be recognized anymore on any of the Top 10 lists. Like the code below where a status level of 0 is not active or banned:

Code:
    SELECT posts FROM members WHERE status > 0 LIMIT 10;
    No sense leaving these folks in the spotlight, and it would open up a few slots for some real AO contributors.
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */

Great idea, I would proabably take it a step further and remove them from all lists execpt the banned list.
    Work... Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...

this topic was discussed again and again before. To sum up: the problem is that they have spend a lot of time here and they have written an important part of the AO history. That's why we can't try to forget them as if they were only silly lamers. They have made importants things and deserve to be in the top 10.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

What if there is a historical one (what is in existance now), that isn't linked directly off of the main page, and then one that say refreshes every month or so (maybe longer). Then you can get a feel for who is active, who is doing really well, some people get to see there names mentioned...etc...

Dunno...random stray thought there...

/nebulus
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Banned
    I think you should just not worry 'bout it, roswell. The old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" applies here. What does it matter, really? Does it make you a better person or something if you're on those lists? I don't really think so, and the people were "real contributers" when they were here, and deserve anything they earned then. I think KissCool said it right.

I think you should just not worry 'bout it, roswell. The old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" applies here. What does it matter, really?
    You're right, Jehnny. Didn't mean to sound cold. Just looking at it from an administrative clean-up standpoint. Looks kind of silly to have banned members on those lists, that's all. However, since there seems to be enough of a nostalgic attatchment to them, I'll just drop it.
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */