Thread: Formating diskete msg pop up

Formating diskete msg pop up

I'm wondering y sometime windows detect u're are not format your diskete although we had use it quite often and obviusly we had use it before this without a problem. I remmember when I save my assigment at the diskete and when I want to open the file it pop up the msg and I need to format the diskete and of course I need to type again my assignment.Huh. How to prevent this problems or how to recover data if it happen again.
    Thank q for advanced...

Well, that does seem strange. First, maybe you should save your assignment to the hard disk first, and before we continue, can you tell me which OS you are on or atleast the run experiencing problems? Thanks, Hope I can help.
    Space For Rent.. =]

I'm using win98se right now, but the incident happen when I'm still using school lab. But it rare happen to me right now, but It just come across my mind just now, may I need to know bout it so I know wat I need to do if it happen to me in the future. heh.
    The problem is just like:
    Insert disk, open Floppy, and msg pop up(sth like this) "the diskete is not formatting. Do u want window to format.... " And of course u need to format to use the diskete again.huh.

thank for respond

Not neceserarily. When you try to use school pc's and that msg pops up. Did you try taking the floppy back to your home computer and see if you get same error? Belive it or not, it is a common problem on windows platform. Unfortunatly, I dont know how to fix it. Sorry bud, all I can say it might be incompatability between ur home system and school.
    [gloworange]I pLaY mY eNeMyS lIkE a ChEsS.[/gloworange]

Windows suck. I wondering wat Bill gates and their colonies said when their windows have bug. huh

Floppy disks, and the drives that use them are notoriously unreliable.
    As drives age, the heads become misaligned. It is common for a drive
    to have trouble reading a disk that was written or formatted on a
    different machine.

It has nothing to do with the operating system. Try to resist the temptation
    to format the disk when you get this error message. The disk may be readable
    on a different computer.

Never rely on floppy disks as the only copy of important files.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Good piece of advice rcgreen. I never had this problem until I used floppies on a Win 2k machine. I've found that disks made/copied on 2k seem to "corrupt" quickly. I noticed this when we had to upgrade the BIOS on all of our machines before upgrading. It was a killer! Trying them on a different system is a great suggestion, at least to rule out the particular machine.
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile