Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: U.N Security Counsil OK's Iraq Resolution

Just an update(5:17AM CST)it appears the Iraqi parliment has recommended that Saddam reject the proposal,and cut off the oil flow to any attacking countries and their allies.The Pakastani government also reported to the US that Iraq is trying to buy a million doses of antidote for sarin nerve gas.It sounds like a war to me.
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

Yes! I heard that too today gghornet, it seems that the medicene they are trying to buy is, when used in smaller doses, used to treat heartattacks. Now what do they think we are going to think that all of them people are planning on having heartattacks..? I think not ..

Yes! I heard that too today gghornet, it seems that the medicene they are trying to buy is, when used in smaller doses, used to treat heartattacks. Now what do they think we are going to think that all of them people are planning on having heartattacks..? I think not ..
    Quite correct Sweetlissa... The MAXIMUM dose used for cardiac arrest is 3mg, for bardycardia (really sloooow heart rate) it is the same and that is given over several minutes at no more than 0.5-1mg per dose... You can use it for organophsphate posioning (basicly the same as a nerve agent) and then the dose is 3-5 mg to a max of 10mg.... The auto injector they are trying to buy hits you with 25mg of Atropine and 30mg of 2pamcloride at once and the max you are supposed to take is three of them over the course of a few minutes... Nice to know that I still remember ACLS after all of these years
    \"Nuts!\"- Commanding General 101st Airborne Division Dec 1944 in answer to German request that he surrender Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge
    Life has a certian flavor for those who have fought and risked it all that the sheltered and protected can never experience.- John Stewart Mill
    White, Hetrosexual, Christian male. I own guns, hunt, eat meat, burn wood, and my wife wears fur... Any questions?

If anyone believes that the 'Iraqi parliament' is a parliament in the normal sense of the word, then they are living in a different universe, as they only do what they are told to do by their leader.

Well, yes, this happens in the US & the UK, but at least you won't be shot if you disagree with him. And, if you have a good case for your argument, then you will probably get re-elected.

The latest statements from Iraq say that they believe that the UN resolution is "in violation of international law" - in other words they are not going co-operate fully.

I don't believe it's a parliment in any sense of the word,but since the parliment is a big room full of puppets assigned by Saddam himself it seems logical that they would reflect the true intentions of Saddam.

...and another thing to add to the Atropine thing is that auto-injectors themselves are almost speciffically used for the military,because a soldier under fire or dying from exposure to nerve gas can't be expected to mix the correct dosage in a normal syringe.Hospitals,although I realize they are under pressure,have people experienced enough in administering medication in all forms that mixing it themselves would be quicker than the autoinjectors,which from what an ex-medic said on fox takes about three minutes to administer the whole thing.I worked at the Belleville area humane society for about a year,and had to mix and administer tons of vaccinations every day,and it would usually take about 30 seconds per syringe(depending on the cooperation of the animal).
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Ahem..... Have we yet thought of why he would want a million doses of an antidote for Sarin? I don't believe for one second that SO DAMN INSANE..... is expecting the US etc. to go popping Sarin all over Baghdad. So, logically, the only other reason to buy it in large quantities would be because SoDamn intends to pop it all over his own country.

Now, the burning question in my little brain is - Is this a genuine attempt or is it misdirection on the part of SoDamn. Misdirection would have it's use at this point. It would give the UN a reason to hold their breath to await his response which would then make them feel all nice and fuzzy about him when he accepts the resolution. It might also make the US etc. rethink and adjust some of their plans..... It's offputting to all to say the least and it gives the bleeding hearts more reason to say no to war.

OTOH - if this is a serious attempt to purchase the antidote because he is going to sling Sarin all over the place - Israel isn't too far away either - it's all the more reason to level Iraq before any infantrymen set foot in the middle east.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Who seriously thinks that Turkey is actually gonna sell this vaccine to Iraq????
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

I don't think anyone in their right mind would sell this stuff to Iraq,but the fact that he's looking for it suggests a lot about his plans,and I don't think not being able to get an antidote is going to stop him from carrying his plans out.He knows as well as anyone else in the world that if he doesn't cooperate with the UN that his time in office(and probably on the planet)is limited.So do you really think he gives a **** about antidotes?
    I think the only reason he made the attempt is because if by some extremely freakish fluke of logic as we know it Iraq was able to beat the allied forces out of their country it would make having killed all of those people with nerve gas look better if he tried to save a few of them with this antidote.

it's all the more reason to level Iraq before any infantrymen set foot in the middle east.
    I don't think that's much of a concern.For the forces outside of the big cities,but the forces inside of populated areas are sheltered in hospitals and schools which is going to make for one hell of a choice for Bush.Which brings me to another interesting little bit of information.Saddam was instructed to shelter his military in public buildings by an American business professor at George Washington University who to my knowledge still has his job today.In my mind this man has the blood of any civilians and soldiers who die because of this arrangement on his hands and should be punished accordingly.Advising a ruthless dictator to take advantage of the fact that the US does everything in their power not to kill civilians while also minimizing troop casualties is at least treason,and if not only that a major crime against humanity.I find it rediculous that such a person is allowed to not only walk the streets in our country,but allowed to have a respectible job,and probably quite a comfortable life.I saw this on FNC,and since visited the web site of Daniel Pipes,the man who was being interviewed and made this public.Here's that particular piece of the article.

Tom Nagy, associate professor of business at George Washington University, proudly informed his university newspaper about providing aid to the Saddam regime against the United States during a recent (illegal) trip to Iraq. Specifically, he offered "estimates of the number of civilians needed to act as a human shield to protect infrastructure and buildings for Iraqi citizens."
    Here's the link to the whole article...
    http://www.danielpipes.org/article/923
    Here'sthe link to the web site.
    http://www.danielpipes.org/
    I encourage all of you to browse this page,as there are quite a few interesting articles that really make you wonder.

Daniel Pipes seems to have a very unhealthy obsession with Islam, so I'm very reluctant to give much credence to what he has to say.

And if you're gonna be upset with this that he mentions, perhaps you should also be asking for Dick Cheney's head as his company was trading with Saddam as I mentioned earlier in this thread.
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

Hmmmm.I must have missed that one.Very interesting.Perhaps you're right,maybe we should also have Cheney's head on a platter.Although not as blatantly disgusting as instructing Saddam to turn public buildings jam packed full of civilians into military bases and command centers,I'm sure more than a few of those dollars went into Saddam's WMD fund.Right now I'm looking for a copy of the George Washington University newspaper.I'll post the article along with a link to the paper if/when I find it.

Here's the paper(from a source other than Daniel Pipes)
    http://www.gwhatchet.com/

Here it is straight from GWU.It sounds like Mr. Nagy had good intentions in what he did,but being a college professor he should be intelligent enough to figure out that Saddam would use the idea to protect his troops and weapons,not to protect Iraqi citizens.The only thing his bright idea is going to do is succeed in getting more people killed,because now it is going to make bombing cities in Iraq nearly impossible,so we're going to have to roll in with the infantry.Then instead of a few citizens here and a few there dying from bombs,they're going to be getting killed by the thousands by stray machine gun fire,nerve gas,and mistaken identity killings.These soldiers aren't going to have time to examine each person who passes by for a weapon,so it's likely that they're going to shoot a lot of people on sight.I can't say if I was in that position I wouldn't do the same,actually I know I would.

http://www.gwhatchet.com/main.cfm?in...storyid=301881