Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: U.N Security Counsil OK's Iraq Resolution

I just looked at some his work, one that I found particularly interesting was this one. A clear violation of the Geneva accords. It makes for very good reading.

The professor's webpage can be found here.

EDIT: Funny how it's almost always us three or four usual suspects who debate this You know who you are. ROFL!
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

As of right now, Iraq and Baghdad are agreeing to the term's that the U.N put up and they are saying that the inspectors won't find anything. The compliance, however, can not be changed AT ALL say's the Iraqi government. They want to make sure the U.S (or U.N in general) doesn't change anything in the compliance that they have made. Sound's pretty fair, but my next question and I would love to hear opinions, is what happens if we find Nuclear, Chemical, or Biological Weapons?..
    Space For Rent.. =]

The purpose of the inspections has been changing ever since Saddam was moved to the front page. First it was his "supposed" relationship with Al-Qaida and Sep 11th. That didn't pan out. Then it was ...."regime change" which is a euphemism for having someone who will obey the US govt there. Then it was again changed....to Saddam being in violation of his commitment to disarming.

Now to Spyder's question, ideally what should happen is that IF such weapons are found, they be dismantled, since that's what White House is apparent most concerned about. But thats unlikely to happen, I believe we will see a new "govt" in Iraq no matter what happens.
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

Originally posted here by Mahakaal
    The purpose of the inspections has been changing ever since Saddam was moved to the front page. First it was his "supposed" relationship with Al-Qaida and Sep 11th. That didn't pan out. Then it was ...."regime change" which is a euphemism for having someone who will obey the US govt there. Then it was again changed....to Saddam being in violation of his commitment to disarming.

Now to Spyder's question, ideally what should happen is that IF such weapons are found, they be dismantled, since that's what White House is apparent most concerned about. But thats unlikely to happen, I believe we will see a new "govt" in Iraq no matter what happens.
    I'd have to agree because if the U.N/U.S does find weapons, I'm sure they will do more than dismantle the weapons. It's pretty inevitable to me that the Iraqi government will be changed. I'm more than sure of it and it's pretty clear that's what Bush wants. Tomorrow will be interesting when they publicly accept the terms and then to see what the response from the U.S government is..
    Space For Rent.. =]

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Let me see...... Some of you seem a little pissed about the US/UK et al's attitude to the regime in Iraq right down to silly little pieces about how the sanctions would make them have to drink tainted water against the Geneva convention....... Oh Dear.... If any of you had ever stepped off your hallowed shores onto those of under-developed nations rather then the developed ones you would know that it is absolutely normal for them to be drinking water that would make you and I sick for weeks - but their bodies are used to it - it is normal for them. It's all too easy to look at nations like that and compare our way and standard of living with thiers and find them sub-par and beyond a level _we_ find acceptable. Forget such silly reports - they are just that - silly.

Now some of you are carping on about how the purpose of the inspections have "changed" and how regime change is all we are after. Lets look at it another way - SoDamn and his cronies are saying we won't find anything. OK. What happens when we do. It is clear - and it was done to the governments and people of the world - that SoDamn and his regime lied about researching and producing weapons we deem unnaceptable. So you want them dismantled..... Brilliant.... what about the ones we don't find? Are we going to slap his little wrist and tell him not to do it again? Are those of you who expouse such action prepared to prostrate yourselves in front of the families of victims of the remaining weapons - in whatever country those families may be - and beg their forgiveness for your stupidity in not ending it hen you could? Are you H**L. You will sit there simpering on about how "awful" it was and pretending it had nothing to do with you.......

I have news folks: It will be those of you that water down the determination of the politicians who are to blame for the deaths of everyone who suffers as a consequence of your bleeding heart doctrines and opinions. If you don't have the stomach to do what is necessary step aside and let those who have some intestinal fortitude do it for you - but have the decency to be quiet while they do........

Rant over - thank you for your time......
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Hrrmmm....the only one who seems "a little pissed about the US/UK et al's attitude" in this thread is me. Let me guess subtle flames are not really your forte. <----example of subtle flame.

And now to your "rant"... bet you didnt know that until the Gulf War that Iraq had one of best healthcare industries in the Middle East, comparable to most Western countries. That is of course until we bombed the crap out of them.

Now you tell me who was it that gave him all these lovely weapons? He sure as **** didnt develop them indigenously. I bet you didn't know that either, but that's okay I didn't expect you to. <----example of a not so subtle flame.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Mahakaal: I really am ROFLMAO...... I do not make subtle flames directed at anyone. If I have something to say about/to someone I say it directly and there will be no doubt in the recipient's mind as to my intent.

Now that is cleared up.......

"bet you didnt know that until the Gulf War that Iraq had one of best healthcare industries in the Middle East"......

And your point is?????? Then they decided that it was just fine to invade one sovereign nation and threaten another. I take it that's ok in your book but heaven forbid we do any damage to their health care industry..... This is the inconsistency shown by you bleeding hearts.... You don't give a crap about the Kuwaitis or the Suadi's that were killed, stolen from, scared crapless etc. but the poor little Iraqis - that's a different matter. Newsflash Mahakaal - if the Iraqis _really_ didn't want SoDamn Insane in power they could remove him - but they don't - so, their tacit support is implied - thus my level of sympathy is equally diminished.

"Now you tell me who was it that gave him all these lovely weapons?"

And here we go again..... Lets waste our time trying to prove that it was those ideologically opposed to you that are to blame...... This, as usual, is a situation where "we have made our bed - now we must lie in it". It is a problem! Period! It needs to be fixed! Period! But then the bleeding hearts aren't in doing things - they prefer to woffle on about anything semi-relevant and hope that the issue will go away on it's own - and if it doesn't they hope to hell that it does not detrimentally affect them......

DIRECTED AT YOU, MAHAKAAL:- If the cap fits, wear it. If you wear it - have the decency to not whine while others stand up and do something!!!!!
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

This thread has been moved to a conference room because
    1.The AP's are starting to fly
    2.It's not really security related,and certain people are getting too many posts in here(myself included.

If you want a key,contact myself or Mahakaal,and we'll get you one ASAP.I already sent them out to everyone listed as a thread subscriber.The room isn't specifically for this particular subject in general,it's about War with Iraq in general.
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

Originally posted here by Mahakaal
    Hrrmmm....the only one who seems "a little pissed about the US/UK et al's attitude" in this thread is me. Let me guess subtle flames are not really your forte. <----example of subtle flame.

And now to your "rant"... bet you didnt know that until the Gulf War that Iraq had one of best healthcare industries in the Middle East, comparable to most Western countries. That is of course until we bombed the crap out of them.

Now you tell me who was it that gave him all these lovely weapons? He sure as **** didnt develop them indigenously. I bet you didn't know that either, but that's okay I didn't expect you to. <----example of a not so subtle flame.

Whoa, hold up their dude. First, Iraq has laid claim that they have gotten them from other Arabic countries. No article can prove the own dictator wrong. Secondly, it say's in the article that we were selling them up 'till 1992? That's odd that nearly two years after they invade kuwait, that we give them weapons of mass destruction.

I'm sure you can be right to a degree, but I have quite a few arguable points to the fact that the U.S (based on facts and news) didn't sell Iraq jack.
    Space For Rent.. =]

This resoultion needs to be summed up with one answer a nuclear winter for the arabic world. God forbid a nuclear cloud float over the skies of Iran. How many oil fields are going to be set on fire this time by Iraqi's with bic lighters, we have strategic nukes lets use them. Oh yeah have you seen the amount of palaces that ***** has, its unreal, when's the last time you heard Saddam letting american round eyes in, much less UN inspectors. I dont think so!