Local Area Connection Status in Sys Tray?

Thread: Local Area Connection Status in Sys Tray?

Local Area Connection Status in Sys Tray?

How do you get the local area connection status to be displayed in the system tray of Win98 like the one that is diplayed on a modem connection? Other OS's have it, why not Win98?

lank

I do not believe it was part of the OS until W2k. You can find some freeware stuff on the Internet that does about the same thing.
    Work... Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...

Because Win98 is not an OSs, it's a damn virus which proliferate and that not any AntiVirus program is able to remove.
    More seriously, you'll have to install an external software to do this. You should search at http://www.download.com , I guess this feature must be included in various networks utilities.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

ok thanks for the info.

lank

Actually in Win98se go to the communications click through the setup (dialup network connections choose your current) until you reach the small check box that asks and check "Show Network connection in Sys tray" or something like that check the box.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg