Window's applications in C++

Thread: Window's applications in C++

Window's applications in C++

Does anybody know of either a good website or a good book that will teach me the basics of creating a windows application using C++. I'm pretty expierence with C++ but have never done anything for windows with it. Any suggestions would be appriciated

Here ya go

Ive attached WroxTutorial for C++, hope it helps....

Always make sure you use google.com!

Ive attached WroxTutorial for C++ (I think its the e-book), hope it helps....

Ive attached WroxTutorial for C++ (I think its the e-book), hope it helps....

Man, sorry I hit the button three times....
    It\'s 106 miles to Chicago, we\'ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it\'s dark and we\'re wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!

We used Programming Microsoft® Visual C++®, Fifth Edition (http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/1598.asp) in college... It's pretty good, although the title should probably rather say "Programming Microsoft® MFC with Visual C++®, Fifth Edition"... It covers MFC* pretty well.

*MFC is Microsoft Foundation Class(es). It's an object model that wraps the Windows API functions, making it IMHO much easier (puriste win API programmers would probably disagre!)to write windows applications, or at least less time consuming.

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

Using visual c++ 6 from QUE is good if have the basics of c++ down but know nothing about making windows apps.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

I personally use QUE books whenever possible. It was one of thier books that taught me absolutely everything I know about HTML. I found it very easy to read, very informative, and it covered a lot of material quicky. The same is true for most of thier books. I look for them whenever I'm not looking for a specific author
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

check out www.cprogramming.com somewhere on there they have a really good win32 tut.

-gunder

One site i didnt see mentioned is www.winprog.org they have a huge tutorial on win32 programing with C, but can very easily be applyed to C++

I learned C in College but not the whole language because I was an EET (electronics Enginerring) sutdent. But we only made DOS applications, and small ones at that. So I was disapointed as I wanted to make profecional GUI apps that everyone else was makeing. So I found the tutorial at www.winprog.org and that gave me the start I needed.

I would recomend you get a hold of the latest version of the Win32 programers refernce. You can grab a copy here http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32/ or frequently make visits to MSDN (microsoft development network) msdn.microsoft.com

However the compiler in the link for lcc wont compile C++ so be aware of that, but the Win32 documentation can be downloaded there.

Mostly if you know C++ already then Win32 will be prity simple.
    In snatches, they learn something of the wisdom
    which is of good, and more of the mere knowledge which is of evil. But must I know what must not come, for I shale become those of knowledgedome. Peace~