Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: getting IPs

The best way and most fulfilling way to get peoples IP addresses is to setup a server I would go with Apache and then make a really sweet website, Offer good news , some tutorials maybe even free email accounts and then promote that site and get people going. You can add it to a search engine to get even more hits.

If you cant set up a server I guess you can just buy webspace ( oh and a domain name too) and then do the same set up a really sweet site ( you will learn more from running the server but maybe you dont have high speed)

Anyways once people go to your site you can check the log files ( Access Logs to be exact) in there it will have the Ip addresses of all the people that visited your site. Next you can come to AO and go to tools and toys and run the IP map thing and put in all the IP addresses that you wish and you can see what part of the country they are from. It will be a good learning experience.

---------------------EDIT----------------------------

Aperently some people didnt see the point of my post. Saying that he is a newbee and he dont want to set up some server. Well the point of the post ( although suttle but I am sure some people got it ) instead of being out trying to find a way to get peoples IP addresses so he can try to do something with them he should do something a little more constructive and something he can really learn from and feel good about it in the end.

Anyways I just wanted to clear that up ..... Also it was an attempt at humor too. I know he is a neewb and he is not going to do it but I guess I am not funny. Thats my fault oh well
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

I believe tha gghornet gave you the info that you needed to pick up here. I just pray that you do something good with the knowledge that you have just received. If you want this, because somebody is abusing your system, then you have the absolute right to ask this question. If you asked this question becasue you want to abuse somebodies computer, i will ask you not to do so because you will end of getting caught. I am not saying that you are asking this question to do neither one. I'm just saying use your knowledge wisely.

hey or you could get and find one of them premade programs that someone has already taken the time to make , and put a link into the instant message for them to click on...lol...that'll do the trick too.But that my friend it is also wrong to do