this is stupid,need to reenter anti to my OE how?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: this is stupid,need to reenter anti to my OE how?

this is stupid,need to reenter anti to my OE how?

I had to reinstall my outlook and i don't what to enter in the fields, because when I first joined that all happened kind of automatically........
    Collis

Ok, no need to panic. The first thing you will need to convey to help us to help you is your ISP name. This would be who provides you Internet service, hence the words Internet Service Provider - :P . Usually, it's pretty easy to figure out how to configure the settings based on this information. You will mainly need to know three things: your ISP's pop server name, smtp server name, and your account ID with password. This probably would have been given to you either in an email - ugh! - or some sort of welcome package, depending on who your ISP is.

Hold on, are you saying that this is to check email from AO?
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

no aol....my isp is verizon dsl incoming.verizon.net outgoing.verizon.net and i have the other info too......thanks

ok if you are using ms outlook i dunno about outlook express menus but it should be the same i belive so anyways in outlook you go to menu tools and them email accounts you can add or modified. them after that you select a pop3, click next and them fill all the information and your email acount should be working
    outgoing server = smtp
    incoming server = pop3

\"Knowledge is Power\"

I am sorry , I didn't explain myself well enough. What I need is the name to enter so that i can download the groups into my Outlook Ex newsgroups. I need the server. I put in antionline and antionline.com and neither would connect. Thanks

Oh, I see. I am not sure, I have never downloaded the groups from AO. Maybe you can try news.antionline.com or something like that. It will be an FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) like what I mentioned most likely. Anyone know the answer to this for sure? I'm sorry I can't help further collis.

Smile

Oh, I see. I am not sure, I have never downloaded the groups from AO. Maybe you can try news.antionline.com or something like that. It will be an FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) like what I mentioned most likely. Anyone know the answer to this for sure? I'm sorry I can't help further collis.

Smile

ok if your looking for newsgroups you need to get your ISP's news server. You could try one here. http://www.newzbot.com/

-gunder

Smile

Smile