Thread: Strange type of auto run?

Exclamation Strange type of auto run?

OK so i dont have it now but a comp i used to have had mcafee and i noticed that before the windows logon even started that the mcaffee window popped. well this must mean that some type of program is running to put it up there. But how does it run before the logon? And if you could make another program that runs before the logon would it run with administrator priviligies (or however you spell that) ?

just and thought and well a question

OK so i dont have it now but a comp i used to have had mcafee and i noticed that before the windows logon even started that the mcaffee window popped. well this must mean that some type of program is running to put it up there. But how does it run before the logon? And if you could make another program that runs before the logon would it run with administrator priviligies (or however you spell that) ?

If you go to windows system info..you will see on the startup tab, that's where it is run from.
    However I am not sure if you can edit the order in which they start up.

regards
    v/man
    Practise what you preach.

Not an answer to your question, but rather a suggestion. Please delete 2 copies of your post as it is rather annoying to read 3 posts with the same question. Use the edit button above your post. Thanks.

Go to start > run and type msconfig.

Those files control "almost" everything during a boot up of your windows operating system.

But be vert careful about what you change in those files.

Hope this helped.
    [gloworange]I pLaY mY eNeMyS lIkE a ChEsS.[/gloworange]

maybe you have your Mcafee antivirus to scan at boot up, to check the boot sector for viruses.
    Try checking the options of Mcafee.