Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AntiOnline.com Sells Visitor Information to Law Enforcement

Old Fart
    OK...here's the scoop found on an evidently rarely read page on AO...

AntiOnline.com Privacy Policy

AntiOnline Partners, LLC. ("AntiOnline.com") has created this privacy policy because we value our members and recognize their right to keep personal information private. This statement discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for the World Wide Web site located at www.AntiOnline.com (the "AntiOnline.com Site").

ANTIONLINE.COM GATHERS THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:

Cookies
    Our Web site sets cookies to administer our site, to gather broad demographic information, to deliver content requested by you or specific to your interests, to customize our Web site for you, and to save your password and member name so that you don't have to enter it each time you visit.

Registration Form
    Membership on the AntiOnline.com Site is completely optional. AntiOnline.com's registration form requires users to give contact information (e.g., your name, address and e-mail address) and demographic information (e.g., your birthdate). On our join form, required fields are clearly seperated from optional fields. We use this information to send members information and announcements about AntiOnline.com (e.g., a weekly newsletter) and our partners.

During registration, you may be offered the opportunity to receive information from third parties or to register for third-party products or services. By choosing to accept such an opportunity, you consent to AntiOnline.com's disclosure of your contact and demographic information to that third party. Please remember that the use of your contact and demographic information by the applicable third party will be governed by that third party's own privacy policy.

Aggregate demographic information collected through the registration process is shared with advertisers and other partners. This aggregate information is not traceable to an individual user.

Online Surveys
    At times AntiOnline.com may run online surveys asking for specific contact or demographic information. These surveys are always optional. At times AntiOnline.com may share both the results of, and individual entries in, surveys with the sponsors of the survey. Results of surveys may be shared with partners and advertisers on an aggregate basis.

Contests
    At times AntiOnline.com may run contests on the Site where we ask for contact or demographic information. These contests are always optional. At times AntiOnline.com may share both the results of, and individual entries in, contests with the sponsors of the contests. Results of contests may be shared with partners and advertisers on an aggregate basis.

Message Boards, Chat Rooms, Polls, and Community Tools
    AntiOnline.com provides many venues for member interaction and community, including message boards, chat rooms, online polls, and other tools. In some cases use of such tools (e.g., chat rooms and message boards) may reveal a user's member name or e-mail address and may permit users to publish certain personal information (e.g., Web page links) on the AntiOnline.com Site. In all cases, users affirmatively choose to expose or place this information in public areas of the AntiOnline.com Site, and thereby agree that such information may be viewed by or forwarded to anyone. Users who do not want this information to be publicly available should not use these optional features on the AntiOnline.com Site. The aggregate result of polls may be shared on the AntiOnline.com Site.

Member Feedback & Questions
    AntiOnline.com stores feedback members send to us. This feedback is used to administer and refine the AntiOnline.com Site and associated services and at times may be shared with AntiOnline.com partners either in aggregate form or individually with specific identifying characteristics about the Member (e.g., e-mail address or name) removed. Feedback and questions may also be used as content in our weekly mailbag.

IP Addresses/Clear GIFs
    AntiOnline.com may track individual IP addresses and use clear GIFs to help diagnose problems with our service, to administer our site and to gather broad demographic information. User IP address information is used only for our internal purposes. Information gathered through our use of clear GIFs cannot be traced to an individual user and is used only for our internal purposes.

ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURE SCENARIOS
    Notwithstanding anything else in this policy, AntiOnline.com may also disclose personal and aggregate information when required by a valid legal mechanism such as a search warrant, subpoena, or court order, or when we deem it necessary, in our sole discretion, to protect our rights and the safety of others, or our members, employees, or properties.

AntiOnline.com believes that members' private communications in chat rooms, e-mail, and instant message-like conversations should generally remain confidential. AntiOnline.com does not read or disclose private communications unless ordered to do so through a valid legal mechanism such as a search warrant, subpoena, or court order, to protect the company's rights and property, or during emergencies when we believe safety is at risk. Please remember that what you write or post in public areas such as chat rooms and message boards is available to all AntiOnline.com members, and in many cases other visitors to the AntiOnline.com site. Also keep in mind that AntiOnline.com is not responsible for what other users may do with private communications you've had with them. While chat and instant message-like conversations pass through AntiOnline.com's servers, we generally do not store logs of these conversations.

AntiOnline.com reserves the right to share some or all of your personal information with its parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures or other companies under common control with AntiOnline.com, in which case AntiOnline.com will require such entities to honor this privacy policy. If AntiOnline.com is acquired by another company, that company will obtain the member information collected by AntiOnline.com and will assume the rights and obligations set forth in this privacy policy regarding that information.

OFF-SITE LINKS
    AntiOnline.com provides links to other sites. AntiOnline.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or contents of these other sites.

SYNDICATED AntiOnline.COM CONTENT
    AntiOnline.com may syndicate its content to and distribute its content through other sites on the Internet. Although you may see the AntiOnline.com logo on these pages, your activity on these sites is governed by the privacy statement on the site you're visiting.

OPT-OUT
    Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of most services that we offer to our members via preferences setting in the "Your Account" page. You may further opt out of certain information uses when providing information on individual forms. Please note that even if you have chosen to opt out of receiving communications from us, we reserve the right to contact you by e-mail about material changes to this privacy policy or the AntiOnline.com User Agreement.

DELETE/DEACTIVATE INFORMATION
    AntiOnline.com gives users the following options for removing their information from our database:

You can send e-mail to webmaster@antionline.com. Please be sure to include your member name, e-mail address and name.

You can send mail to the following postal address:

AntiOnline
    605 Third Street
    Beaver, PA 15009

AntiOnline.com is not responsible for removing information from third-party lists or databases with whom users have previously authorized us to share their information.

CHANGE/MODIFY INFORMATION
    AntiOnline.com gives users the following options for changing or modifying information previously provided:

Visit http://www.AntiOnline.com/usercp.php

Send e-mail to webmaster@antionline.com.

AD SERVER
    At times, AntiOnline.com uses reputable third parties to serve some of the advertisements you see on the pages of the AntiOnline.com Site. We may use clear GIFs, or pixel tags, provided by our ad serving company to help manage our advertising. These clear GIFs allow our ad serving company to recognize a browser's cookie when the browser visits the AntiOnline.com Site. This allows us to learn which banner ads bring users to our site. The information we collect and share through this technology is not linked to any information that would allow our ad server to personally identify our users.

CHANGE POLICY
    From time to time we may revise this privacy notice. If we make a material change, we will post a notice on the AntiOnline.com Web site or notify you by e-mail, at which time you'll be able to "opt out" of these new practices by contacting us.
    There is a link on the main page to the above privacy policy.
    Now...given that you all see that the above states that you control your information, what IS the fuss about??
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Any database is no better than the use it's put to. If you've been in the military, if you've been a cop of any kind or a government employee, if you've worked for a large corporation, if you've been arrested (not just a ticket), if you have a credit card or a bank loan, then a considerable amount of your info is in some mirror somewhere already. The link below is just one example of why nobody should sweat the small stuff, like "them" knowing you visit a security site. Especially AO that discourages cracking and encourages security and has very little tolerance for criminals.
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm..._vicap08m.html

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    I think its kinda cool the feds are sitting there with my record looking at all the interesting marks. Wondering exactly when this kid is gonna crack. Ah, thats a nice feeling. Knowing that you are being looked at by someone in a black suit and an ear peice, kinda makes you wanna sound crazy. I can see them knocking on my door when sombody gets mauled by a rabid dog in the neighborhood. I'll come to the door with foam dripping out of my mouth, twitching ever so frequently. Then I'll whisper into their ear.... "the fat man walks alone" Shut the door and smoke a bowl. Ah boy that would be more fun that Mormans.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

hey, i'm thinking of filling out the job application just to get the free candy or gum or whatevr in the mail

Dah! You mean Old Man (I like the helmet BTW) that people out here servers do not have logs and well like there is not a program to crawl the site. Geez (puts helmet under butt..) Nothing you do out here is unknown "anonymous" has never meant "Unknown". Scan a network and you leave firewall records, ISP logs, and not even dial-up will help because thre is a log on when you phoned in. This thing is a entire crock by the site to get newbies to visit. Know what I come here post and I have nothing to hide, cops pull me over let them search the car in short nothing to hide (ok maybe from the wife or kids I have my off moments LOL), but the hard drive is as clean as my car, my house etc. Sell info yep just about anything including Toy R Us when paying cash asks for my pone number and I make one up (oops). My thought is your more watched here more then walking down a street, who makes money from it is a good guess cause it's not me. Has AO sold out doubt it, read the EULA here step otside ethiccal bounds then do so at your own risk Need a job but cannot move me from where I live so I passed at the AO openings.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

an excerpt from the editorial below"

A little note to the Federal and Military Authorities that read this site:

I feel that I have been lax in my duties as a citizen to some degree. But, little known to the rest of the world, I have been working behind the scenes to change that.
    For the past few months, we've been working with an Air Force contractor to help them develop the "profile of a hacker". AntiOnline, as an organization, plans on
    taking that to an even higher level as the months progress.

Several of you have already signed up for access to our knowledge base, including individuals from: The US Congress, The DISA, The Air Force, The Navy, and
    several police and computer forensics organizations. You will be given access information within the next week.

A Change In Our Mission
    An AntiOnline Editorial
    Friday , June 04 1999

In the past, a hacker was an individual who literally had to spend years to learn the inner workings of computer technology, programming, and
    hardware. Only then could he begin to explore possible vulnerabilities, and develop, for himself, ways to exploit those vulnerabilities, and more
    importantly, ways to patch them. Through out these years of learning, the hacker would develop a certain respect for the technology that he was
    studying, and a certain level of maturity would inherently develop as well. Now, in present day society, with point and click utilities abound, a younger,
    less mature, less knowledgeable, and less respectful, generation of "hackers" have come to life.

That's a quote from an editorial that I wrote in September of last year. Now, only 7 months later, we've seen things get even worse.

When I started AntiOnline 5 years ago, it was a way for me to share with others the fascinating things that I myself was learning. The wonders of technology, how it
    could be used as a tool, how it could be used as an incredible way to learn, meet new people, and indeed, make the world a smaller and more understanding place.

Since then, AntiOnline has grown to levels I never dreamed possible. I'm fortunate enough to be working full time on the site, I have my own office, equipment, and
    T1 line. The resources I have at my disposal are still small and modest, but I've come a long way from where I was a year ago, running AntiOnline out of my parent's
    living room.

Unfortunately, I've found myself looking in the mirror with disgust these past few months. Looking back, I've seen myself talking with people who have broken into
    hundreds of governmental servers, stolen sensitive data from military sites, broken into atomic research centers, and yes, people who have even attempted to sell
    data to individuals that presented themselves as being foreign terrorists. I've seen people change the medical records of individuals in our armed services, and delete
    the work of tens of thousands of people that resided on large ISPs. Many times, I knew about these instances before hand, and could have stopped them.

I felt at the time, that I was serving a larger good by simply writing up information that I knew about these instances, and posting them on AntiOnline for the world to
    read about. I felt that the incidents would be learning experiences, and that they would help technology to evolve, even if it was only in some small way. To me, the
    important thing was not telling the world the "who", but the "why" and the "how". I tried to stand in an invisible realm between the hacker culture, and main stream
    society. A realm which I now see does not exist.

Looking back, I see those years as being not beneficial to anyone but myself. Those years acted as an educational experience for me. A time for me to learn about
    the "mechanics of the gun", but more importantly, a time for me to learn about the "people that pull the trigger".

In the past 7 months, I have seen things go from bad to worse. Incidents are becoming more frequent and more serious. To some degree, things are in a state of
    anarchy. I now feel that I am in a position to help serve, even if in some very small way, the better good.

A little note to the Federal and Military Authorities that read this site:

I feel that I have been lax in my duties as a citizen to some degree. But, little known to the rest of the world, I have been working behind the scenes to change that.
    For the past few months, we've been working with an Air Force contractor to help them develop the "profile of a hacker". AntiOnline, as an organization, plans on
    taking that to an even higher level as the months progress.

Several of you have already signed up for access to our knowledge base, including individuals from: The US Congress, The DISA, The Air Force, The Navy, and
    several police and computer forensics organizations. You will be given access information within the next week.

A note to these organizations as a whole. I know that often times my exact position and role has been confusing. Let it be confusing no more. I hope that over the
    next few months, the level of trust between my organization and yours can continue to grow, and I hope that AntiOnline becomes a valuable tool in the fight against
    "CyberCrime".

Now, a little note to the thousands of hackers that read this site:

You yell and scream about freedom of speech, yet you destroy sites which have information that disagree with your own opinions. You yell and scream about
    privacy, yet you install trojans into other's systems, and read their personal e-mail and files. You truly are hypocrites. All of these grand manifestos that you develop
    are little more than excuses that you make up to justify your actions to yourself. Actions which you know are wrong. Actions which do not serve anyones interests
    but your own.

Let me just say, that you've had free reign over things this past year or so. I know that some of you are playing what you feel is a game. A game that you think you
    are winning. Some of you sit back and laugh at organizations like the FBI. You make sure that you provide enough information to make it obvious who you are, yet
    are careful not to provide enough information to actually have it proven.

I have been watching you these past 5 years. I know how you do the things you do, why you do the things you do, and I know who you are.

Yours In CyberSpace,
    John Vranesevich
    Founder, AntiOnline
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Originally posted here by gore
    if only there was a message icon with a middle finger...
    ok for my first ever anti online flame:

"No one is blaming the "site" as a matter a fact antionline is a great place for people to come and learn about computer security.It's the person that's running the site (JP) that is the one that is doing the monitering for the FBI,that is where the problem lies.
    Second:veritas was not talking about a dot,he clearly stated and I quote "I guess not cause now I got a notice that I'm close to being banned".someone sent that to him and it wasn' about a dot."

who cares if hes monitoring for the feds? if you dont wanna get in trouble then maybe you shouldnt do things that will get you locked up, specially when people make posts saying ohh look i can get into hotmail!!!! dude what kind of an idiot would you have to be????? any site wit computer security in it already has agents looking around and they have a right to just like we do. maybe there looking to open there horizons of computer telligence (hehe i made that word up) and what better way to learn than from the people that share?

"Finally unless you work for the FBI and have a badge and a weekly check than it's not ones job to turn over anyone nor spy on anyone for the FBI,if that's what someone wants to do than they should fill out the FBI application and become a Gman,not put up a website to help the feds secretly get info on hackers."

yea it might not be our job, but if you ever took social studies then you know it IS your job as a citizen to turn criminals in if they are doing something they shouldnt, im sorry to hurt your feelings (actually im enjoying it) but if i saw someone getting raped i wouldnt stand there and be like oh well im not getting paid for it, no id knock the person unconciouse and calls the cops.
    and as far as him getting a notice for getting banned, if you wouldv read the site FAQs about anti points, when you get negged you can get banned SO IT WAS A GREY DOT that really was what he meant, which means he was getting negged for making idiotic posts, next time your gunna shoot your mouth off at least make sure you didnt load it with blanks.

(ohhh looky at me im a newbie too and im standing up for a site i love)
    First your not hurting my feelings,second I really dont care much for what you have to say either way,third
    I "spout" my mouth off because I can,and finally your just the kind of person that I would love to catch in a dark ally and put my gun to your head and watch your brains flow out nice and thick.
    If you love this site that much than maybe you should find out where JP lives at and suck his dick.

Have a nice day.
    Crimina1

Originally posted here by gghornet
    You don't have to break into a box without permission to learn how to do it.All you have to do is ask a friend or family member to let you hack theirs.I agree that you have to know how to break into a system to be able to stop somone from breaking into yours,but there's more than one way to skin a cat.
    That being said,the notice that veritas got was more than likely the message that pops up when your AP's go to gray/red saying that you need to up the quality of your posts or you will be banned.You should be able to see it yourself on your screen.
    Finally,if you have such a problem with JP why the hell are you here.He works his ass off to make this site possible,listen and implement peoples site suggestions,and make as fun and informative as possible.He didn't have to make this site,and probably has to take time out of his day on a regular basis,when mind you he could be doing something more exciting than adding features for your convenience,to maintain things here and keep the skiddys from defacing things and/or stealing your info.

And by the way,without JP there would be no antionline,so by blaming him you are blaming the site.
    I come to this site because I can and more than often you can find pretty good info here.I dont have to like what JP does with or for the FBI or have to be a fan of his to come to antionline.I have the right to my opinion
    and I will voice it no matter what,that's what the first amendment is Freedom of speech.I didn't ask Jp to put this site up nor do I ask him for anything so I dont care about what he has to do to maintain antionline or any of the problems he might have maintaining this site,bottom line it's not my concern.Like I said and will say again if JP loves the feds so much than he should just join them.If you dont like my replies than maybe you should just ignore me if what I say bothers you.

Have a great and shiny day.
    Crimina1

If I wasn't so amused by your paranoia and ignorance I probably would ignore you.

To gore,there is a middle finger icon

Quit your damn whining,if you don't like the site,go away.If you do,stop your worthless bitching and learn something.If you think there's any information JP's gathering from your profile that the Feds couldn't find in a matter of seconds somewhere else,you need to get your head out of your ass.They have access to bank records,phone records,employment records,insurance records,and god only knows what else.Having hi I'm bob and I'm from Jupiter in your profile isn't going to be the key piece of evidence if you go to trial for hacking someone's computer believe me.
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Ok, this has all been discussed before. And heres the bottom line. JP has never confirmed or denied what he does with his logs. He has confirmed that he works with the DOD at times. He hasn't tried to deny any of this. So whats the big deal. Read the user agreement when you sign up. It tells you your information is being collected. Go sign up for a CNN.com account. They sell your information to whoever is willing to buy it. Go get a yahoo.com account. They sell it even cheaper. Better yet, don't. If you are that worried about what is going on with your information, then get off line. Because you can't hide forever if you want to be on the internet. Its not even worth trying to do.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Originally posted here by gghornet
    If I wasn't so amused by your paranoia and ignorance I probably would ignore you.

To gore,there is a middle finger icon

Quit your damn whining,if you don't like the site,go away.If you do,stop your worthless bitching and learn something.If you think there's any information JP's gathering from your profile that the Feds couldn't find in a matter of seconds somewhere else,you need to get your head out of your ass.They have access to bank records,phone records,employment records,insurance records,and god only knows what else.Having hi I'm bob and I'm from Jupiter in your profile isn't going to be the key piece of evidence if you go to trial for hacking someone's computer believe me.
    Hey *******,you still dont seem to get it.Once again because you seem to be braindead,it's not about the site
    stupid and the last thing I'm worried about is JP getting info on me,Jp couldn't get info on me on his best day
    or my worst.As for learning something I have more knowledge in my pinkey about computers and programming
    than you would ever be able to fit into your tiny stupid brain and I learn more by the minute.
    what I have been saying is that JP should just apply to work for the feds officially instead of being a wanna be fed.If you didn't know the FBI aren't that smart themselves,but I'm not gona get into that with you.
    Take your own advice "take your head out of your ass" or better yet take your head out of JP's ass than you might be able to hear what it is I have been saying idiot.

You have a nice glossy day.
    Crimina1