Registering DLL's in the Exchange Server?

Thread: Registering DLL's in the Exchange Server?

Question Registering DLL's in the Exchange Server?

I need to send Outlook Appointments and Tasks with out prompting the User for Validation (office2000+). I heard that you can register DLL's as safe (server side)- and the application (or DLL rather) will be able to work it's magic unhindered?

Any Exchange Server Admin's ::
    -Will this work.
    -How should my Network admins go about doing this, or will they already know how?
    -Any additional info that might be useful?

_Thanx a lot guys/gals :-)
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

AFAIK there is no such thing as 'safe registering'. The regsvr32.exe command does not have any flag that matches this option. But maybe the MS developers has included functionality in the DLL you are talking about to turn the validation off? In that case the DLL is probably looking for/querying the registry for information about this, as the registry is the usual place to keep such information.

You can try to watch every registry query that is done when the DLL is running. Use Regmon to do this: http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/regmon.shtml

It's a shot in the dark, but maybe you're lucky...
    ---
    proactive

Maybe i should go a lil' further as to explain what i need.

I'm currently developing a program for my company that along with a lot of other stuff, creates and sends Tasks / Appointments / Emails / etc... All of these are based on documents / spreadsheets that are located on the network (intranet). When a user runs the Outlook Piece it may create up to 20 Tasks / Appointment to be sent to others (depending on the query). This is of course tedious for the user to validate each Outlook request. Thus i'm trying to find a way around this... Please any information on the subject would be useful...

:-)
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...