Thread: NT 4.0 & WIN2K Firewall options?

Question NT 4.0 & WIN2K Firewall options?

Hey guys, what is a good lightweight firewall for Windows NT 4.0 server and Windows 2000 server? I wish thes products had a built in firewall such as XP and 2k3. I just need something really simple, nothing complicated.

I would suggest ZoneAlarm. I use it on my XP/2K machines at home, and am quite happy with it.

www.zonelabs.com
    Alright Brain, you don\'t like me, and I don\'t like you. But let\'s just do this, and I can get back to killing you with beer.
    -- Homer S.

Zonelarm not compatible....

ZoneAlarm is not compatible with no server products. This will not work on my machines. Any other suggestions?

I really can't suggest other products because I've only tried ZA. I'm also not sure exactly what you're looking for in terms of how much you're willing to spend, if anything. Other firewalls I've heard of (but never tried) include BlackICE, Norton Firewall, Mcafee Firewall...

http://www.firewallguide.com/ offers a pretty comprehensive list of firewalls

Hope this helped,
    -ik
    Alright Brain, you don\'t like me, and I don\'t like you. But let\'s just do this, and I can get back to killing you with beer.
    -- Homer S.

Kerio do a quite nice one for Windows 2000 server. I am not sure about NT4, after all it is not really a "current" operating system.

Re: Zonelarm not compatible....

Originally posted here by mrlucifer
    ZoneAlarm is not compatible with no server products. This will not work on my machines. Any other suggestions?
    Where did you hear this, as I have had Zonealarm running on servers before? However, MS wants you to get ISA server for your firwalling needs. What are you using these servers for?
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

You might like to look at "Port Monster"

It will run on NT4.0-Server

http://www.zsoftweb.com/news.php

Sorry about that..........the first link was a dud