Thread: Blocking P2P

Blocking P2P

I want to block internal users that have kazaa and other P2P programs on their computers from connecting to those programs. The point at which I have choosen to block them is at the firewall level (PIX 515r). I know these programs connect using port 1214 and others use 6346. Is just blocking those ports enough to stop the P2P traffic or are further steps required. Also, what is the syntax to add these lines in the FW.

When using kazaa you could just go to tools| options| traffic | then click the disable of sharing files with other kazza users and i think that would work.

I'm not very good with the proper terminology, but that's what you could do.

1 If you use some sort of a server, try blocking the aplications in your firewall settings.

2 Depending on what kind of control you have on the network, you can limit users rights to runing only particular programs.

3 Block every port on the outside conection and then open up only 3 or 4 necessary ports.

These are the things I would of done.

If you let us know what systems do you run on your network, I'm sure you will get better advise.
    Don\'t post if you\'ve got nothing constructive to say. Flooding is annoying

hey buddy:

posted 11-12-2002 11:34 PM

That was 2 years ago, i dont think Gixxeris still watching over this thread of his.

Dont reply to old threads.....If the date is flashing, the question is either answered or all of us Seniors didn't know how to answer it, if thats the case, trust me, you won't know the answer either.
    O.G at A.O

huh?

This thread is over two years old!

edit: just a few seconds behind ya CR.

Connection refused, try again later.

Thumbs down Not entirely sure you're right ©opy®ight ...

Originally posted by ©opy®ight

Dont reply to old threads.....If the date is flashing, the question is either answered or all of us Seniors didn't know how to answer it, if thats the case, trust me, you won't know the answer either.
    I agree with the old thread thing, however, it's not impossible that someone new to AntiOnline since the original posting will know the answer. It may be improbable, but not impossible!

Happy New Year!
    Tomorrow is another day for yesterdays work!